Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It was a dark and stormy night...

Tuesday night.  The wind is howling (okay, not howling, but there is definitely wind) and tomorrow's high temp is supposed to be only 55, with winds around 20-30 mph.  This is NOT Tucson weather and I don't want to ride in that!

But I am going to ride in that.  During my Monday ride, I learned that I have to train in all kinds of weather, because El Tour may bring heavy winds on 11/21 and I can't wimp out on race day.  So, I will be out there tomorrow.

By the way, in the past two days, a co-worker and my doctor (!) have been somehow inspired by my efforts and are taking up cycling.  They might be thinking "if he can do it...", but it makes me feel good to think that others are getting inspired. 

Oh, and my new bike comes with a bike seat that feels like I am riding a 2x4.  Oh, the humanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your ride went well this morning, and that it wasn't too windy.
Are you going to get a new bike seat? Yours sounds uncomfortable. :)
Your biggest fan, Bookreader28

Big Clyde said...

Book, the ride went well and it was not as windy as I anticipated! I only wish that I had returned back home in time to wish my daughter a happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she was ok and I hope you had a fun lunch together.
Your biggest fan, Bookreader28