Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Maiden Flight of The Grey Goose

So, I bought a new bike last night.  I had been riding my Trek 4500 mountain bike (with some street tires).  Given that I am larger than the average bear, it was a good, sturdy bike for me (though it has never seen a mountain, mountain trails, etc.).  However, it was heavy and probably a bit small for the type of riding that I have been doing.  I am riding more often now and starting to go greater distances, so I wondered if a crossover bike would help me.

This is a great season to buy bikes because the dealers are closing out '09 models to make room for the '10 models.   The dealer recommended a Scott Sportster.  It is light grey and some of my friends have said that I will "fly" on future rides, if I get off the mountain bike and switch to more of a street bike.  So, I am calling this bike the "Grey Goose (it is grey, I hope to "fly" on it...and I really like Grey Goose!).

I went out for a ride this morning, but kept it only to an hour, because I need to adjust the seat and bar for a better fit.  I'll tinker and head out again tonight or tomorrow morning.

...And yes, I know it is kind of stupid to name the bike...but it amuses me, so I am going with it.

Keep riding.

3 comments:

Jill Wignall said...

keep cycling! This is going to be an impressive journey to read about. Keep up the good work! Best, Jill(TODAY I SAW)

Big Clyde said...

Thanks, Jill. I appreciate the encouragement! Stay tuned. My race is less than a month away and I've got a lot of work to do.

We love your drawings! Keep them up.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, and I hope that you keep writing about your cycling adventures after your big race. Keep going!
Your biggest fan, Bookreader28