Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Riding the "Cyclops"

Today was my first day using the CycleOps Fluid2 Trainer...my kids call it the Cyclops. I knew that there would be times when I couldn't get out to do my regular routes, so I wanted to have a way to train at home for shorter periods. I ordered it from someone on eBay (who must have also been a dust collector, or a lover of cats).

Got it hooked up to my big boy bike and rode pretty aggressively for about 25 minutes. Not my actual goal for the day, but it was better than nothing. I wish I knew my cadence or speed...was I going 7 mph or 17?? I'll work on that one later.

I also found out today that my company had an all-employees mtg today (I didn't show) and they announced that several of us will be riding in El Tour de Tucson. I was not really ready for much publicity about my goal here...don't want to be the new side bet around the office. But I guess it is official now, so I have to make it happen.

Looks like I'll be riding the Cyclops more often now.

Keep riding.

Big Clyde

No comments: