Friday, November 27, 2009

Busted Flat in Baton Rouge...

uh, I mean Tucson. My sweet daughter and I went on a morning Thanksgiving ride.  We intended to do our 6.5 mile neighborhood loop, but I rode through some glass while crossing a bridge and got my first flat since I began riding last May.  Bummer.  In case you are wondering, yes, I do have a spare tube that I have keep in my bag under my seat...except that I took it out before our ride yesterday!  Bad timing.

I'll change it out today and get in about 13 miles today and a longer ride sometime this weekend.   My son, Sammo, and I are going to jump on the bikes sometime as well.  He has a cool Trek bike that is ready for mileage!

Also, I went for a nice short ride with Crazy Jim on Wednesday to break in his new Trek FX 7.2 bike.  It was fun and now that he just moved into the neigborhood, we should be riding alot together.  Good times.

Next up, I'll plan out some goals for mileage in December and by the end of the year, I will commit to some new races and goals for early next year.  There are some in races in April that I am looking at that should be similar in mileage to my El Tour route, but I will work on improving my speed. 

Keep riding everyone!
Big Clyde

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How unfortunate! I'm sorry! That happened to me too! I hope it won't happen again!

See ya later Big Clyde!