Sunday, November 1, 2009

Saturday's Ride...28.3 miles!

Feeling pretty happy with yesterday's ride, given that it is my longest ride in terms of distance and time.  My goal is to focus now on more time in the saddle.  Today, I rode for 2 hours and 22 minutes in a pretty hilly area.  Though the pace is not great by most cyclists' standards, it is pretty good for me at this point.  Approx 12 mph.

I worked on pacing myself on the first big hill (which isn't too daunting anymore) and tried to conserve energy during the first hour.  That must have helped.  At the end of my ride, I determined that I certainly could have finished another 8 miles, which would equal the distance of my route in El Tour this year.  36 miles will be a challenge, but I am told that the ride itself has a lot more flat miles (or even downhill) than what I just rode.  Three weeks away and I will ride many miles before the race.

Big Clyde

2 comments:

Duane said...

Looking good!

memoirs of this binge eating triathlete said...

great post! I love to read the beggining of another great triathletes journey! Good luck, i look foreward to seeing your progress!