Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thoughts on Clydesdales

Clydesdales (the horses) are truly majestic animals...the Kings of All Horses (at least that's what I call them), but you never really see them in motion for more than a few minutes at a time. They are on the parade routes and at Sea World, wanting all of the attention and admiration from the crowd, for just basically being the largest among their own species.

I think I heard once that they actually get to eat oats, soaked in Budweiser...not too shabby, if you're a horse.   I prefer nachos with my beer, but have cut back on both.

Despite their "kingly stature", they're slow and have no endurance. They are enormous, wear expensive gear, go short distances and then stand and wait for recognition from the masses. I can actually identify with that.

Here are some Clydesdale in a parade. The video makes my point, but the highlight is the crazy cameraman who did this "Cloverfield"-type filming at the 5 second mark to run ahead of the Clydes. How many people were injured in the making of this movie?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad!
I hope you're having a fun time in Mexico. We really miss you here at home. I wish we could call you, but Mom says that you can't get cell service there. So I figured the best way I could reach you was by leaving a comment on your blog. :) I read the last few tonight, and I really like them. I don't know if you even have access to a computer! But if you do, just know that I love you and that I hope you're doing well.

Stay safe, don't go on long walks with your camo clothes, and stay close to the men with guns.

Miss you!
Bookgirl95