Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Tizzle Wizzle Show...On A Bicycle

On the day before the Casa Grande Century ride (1/10/10), I was dreading it because I had not been training in December.  Which meant that the ride was going to kick my tail.  I am decent with that, provided that I am not getting it kicked it in front of my better-trained friends.  At the last minute, Graham decided to do my 35 mile ride with me, rather than the 66 miler he had planning on doing.

Graham said "I ride 35 miles each way to work every day (and back home again), so this will be easy.  We'll just have fun, no big deal."   Graham was looking forward to this ride as just a simple Sunday ride with a friend, but nothing that would break a sweat.  It was going to be a party on wheels, where we would laugh and hang out, simply pedalling for 35 miles.  When I think of it that way, it actually sounds fun to me too.

But, it was definitely a workout for me and I was sore and walking funny, even two days after the race. 

It reminded me of a very recent Saturday Night Live sketch, called The Tizzle Wizzle Show.  Watch how the new guy quickly realizes that "fun and games" can turn into a nightmare really fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tizzle Wizzle Show is funny! Gotta see it again! Hope you keep posting videos like it.

~Samson

P.S. I don't like it because of the death..it's just FUNNY!

P.S.S. KILL THE LIGHTS! :)