Monday, February 1, 2010

Music Monday: Top 5 Songs You've Never Heard Before

Not a new idea, but since I so often listen to my iPod when riding, I thought I would share some lists of the music I listen to on my rides.  So, my first Music Monday list will be the...

Top 5 Songs (I'm guessing) You've Never Heard Before
  1. Let's Dance To Joy Division, by The Wombats
  2. The World Is New, by Save Ferris
  3. Bang Bang, by K'naan
  4. Henrietta, by The Fratellis
  5. Mr. Hurricane, by The Beast
Find them on YouTube, iTunes, or wherever and let me know what you think.  Also, I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have for the list.

Big Clyde

4 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Woohoo I know Bang Bang, its on my ipod!!! Do I get a prize?

Larry said...

I didn't take you for a Ska man, BC.

Though music is incredibly subjective, here's some thoughts (in no particular order):

Fountain and Fairfax - Afghan Whigs. For after you've warmed up, and are kicking up the speed.

Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional. For a high cadence ride.

The Denial Twist - The White Stripes. For hill climbing only.

Love Song - The Cure. For when you've made it over the hill and have a nice, long recovery.

Voices - Russ Ballard. Going old school here.

Caminando Por La Calle - Gipsy Kings. NOTE: For Tucson rides only.

Divers - Boozoo Bajou. We all need some German electronica.

They Ride - Twilight Singers. Is there a more appropriately titled song?

Elmira St. Boogie - Danny Gatton. For a long, flat stretch.

Jockey Full of Bourbon - Tom Waits. A good warm up song.

Cocaine Blues - Johnny Cash. Is there a playlist on my iPod without the Man in Black?

Living In Oz - Rick Springfield. That's right, I said it. The Ricker. Rickie S. Rick Springfield, baby! It may be ancient, but trust me, it's a ridin' tune!

Sinnerman - Nina Simone. Go hard for four and a half minutes. If you're feeling Armstrongesque, try the ten minute version.

Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw. For when you're spent, out of gas, and swear you can't ride another foot. Put this on and find the strength.

Home - Daughtry. NOTE: You are ONLY allowed to listen to this after you have surpassed a personal record for a ride and are on your way home.

Anonymous said...

I know nearly all of those songs! The World is New is definitely in my Top 25 Most Played on my iPod.

Elijah said...

Big Clyde--What a treat to get to follow you in your adventures! Mahalo for being my friend and supporter. I will be reading all your blog entries as I get a chance to catch up.

Nice idea re the proposed name, btw! Thanks!