Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Perfectly Calm About Monthly Mileage Goals

When I set the monthly goal of 175 miles, it seemed challenging, but attainable.  Yet, here I am in mid-February and I am struggling (again!) to get it done. 

I'm not discouraged, I'm calm....in fact, calmer than you are.  I just need to be more disciplined about getting in 40 miles each week.

For Feb, I am going to have to try to get it in during the last two weeks.   With 10 miles done on Monday night (half with my sweet daughter!) and another 14 miles tonight after work, I will have to ride about 12 miles per day for the rest of the month (or longer weekend rides).

Looks like 1 or 2 of my kids (Samson and BookReader28) will be joining me for the Tour de Cure on March 7th, to raise some funds for the American Diabetes Association.  This will be their first race and we will be doing the 30k (18 miles).  I am delighted, they are cautiously optimistic.  Good enough for me.

Keep riding everyone!

Big Clyde

2 comments:

RockStarTri said...

Clyde,

Go get 'em. The only problem with riding or racing with your kids is when you can't keep up with them.

Send me a mail at rockstartri at gmail dot com if you want info on my training reg.

CactusFreek said...

Wow, you're a machine! I get stuffed just trying to get on my bike lol
It makes all the difference when you exercise with family huh?