Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shuddup and Start Pedalling!

My recent trip and the fasting event of last weekend are now behind me.  I am grateful for your recent comments.  I'm especially challenged by the comments from GuinneMick and Old Chain Ring that encouraged me to "get back to work".    Larry and Rock Star have also challenged me in positive ways.  Thanks, guys...it helps me.

Rode 20 miles today. Crazy Jim joined me for 13 of those miles, which was his largest distance!  I have 155 miles to go this month and my next race will be in early March with my buddy Graham (Tour de Cure for Diabetes), then likely two in April.

You might have read my recent post Lessons From Avatar: Taming Your Beast that talked about how we have to overcome our individual beasts, or else they will dominate us.   In that post, I wrote this:
"Plans and charts and BLOGS might be helpful little tools, but this battle requires ACTION. You must launch a focused attack on your personal beast.  Either it controls you, or you control it."

It's time to "Control the Beast". 

It's time to shuddup and start pedalling! 

Big Clyde

P.S.  Since some of you have requested more stories about the hunting trip, I'll drop in a story or two later. It was fun, challenging and I learned a lot. On that trip, I hiked a lot of miles, but none of that really counts toward my cycling goals and I don't want to dwell on that.

No comments: