Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Working for the Weekend


Just dropping in to say that I have been unusually busy this week and unable to work in a ride.  Long days (with long commutes for some company training) have ended with homework sessions with the kids.  

My hardcore friends would say that I should "make the rides a priority"...I get the idea, but this week is about reclaiming some balance in some key areas of my life:  kids, marriage, and work.   

Life should look normal again by Saturday morning (maybe even Friday night).  Back to training then. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

Big Clyde

P.S.  Yes, I actually had this Loverboy album in the late 80's.  No, I am not the guy in those red leather pants. 

3 comments:

Larry said...

At the risk of offending, I would say this - ask your wife and kids what their priority is. I would guess it is daddy getting healthy and living a long life, and that they would gladly give up an hour here or there to achieve that. What good will these few extra hours of balance be if you are dead? Or too unhealthy to do things with them?

I only say this because you have inspired me, and I know from first-hand personal experience that I used every single excuse imaginable not to do what I needed to do.

I convinced myself that not exercising or eating right was because of some greater good, when actually the opposite was true.

I would imagine that Large Fella On a Bike's kids are very happy about those many "unbalanced" days he was off riding.

Big Clyde said...

Thanks for the comment, Larry. I do appreciate the passion and am very glad (and shocked) to think that I might have been an inspiration. Rest assured that I am not falling away from the workout routine...just following through on the commitments and the relationships that are dominating my calendar this week.

Despite my extra weight, I have always been fortunate that my bloood pressure, cholestoral, etc. are all at "excellent" levels...have recently been tested and fortunately, this has never been a problem. I just need to keep it that way with nutrition and exercise.

Keep riding.

RockStarTri said...

Clyde, Balance is always a challenge. We can't judge what is going on in your life but just want to make sure that you are choosing wisely. All you can do is all you can do.