Friday, March 26, 2010

The Shameless KettleWorx plug

I follow a blog that many of you might also follow, Endurance Isn't Only Physical.  Tricia has had an amazing transformation and is constantly spreading the word about new training tools, clothing, etc. that could be useful to others. 

When recently sidelined by an injury and told that she couldn't run or cycle, she decided to work on her arms.  Then, she seemed to drop out of site for awhile, until she posted a picture of her new and improved biceps holding a kettlebell.

I had never seen a kettlebell before, but became curious.  Now, she is doing a giveaway and I thought I'd enter.  The company sponsoring it is KettleWorx and their website is http://www.kettleworx.com/.   Check it out. 

Please let me know if any of you use kettlebells as part of your training regimen.  I'd like to hear of your experiences.  Thanks.

Big Clyde

2 comments:

Massive Marcus said...

I actually tried a kettle ball type exercise. I used a regular weight instead of the kettle ball. Just kind of like a squat with the weight hanging by one arm near the floor between my feet and then squat up as you raise the weight above your head.

I was very sore the day after and I didn't do that many. Of course squatting with an over 300 pound body alone is tough on it's own.

Tricia said...

I've never used one, but I saw some at Target like a month ago and just lifting it to put it in my basket was more exercise than I got the rest of the month. Then I put it back on the shelf because I like to push myself, see?

Anywho...good luck!