Monday, March 22, 2010

Weigh In - Week 3

Weight Change: Lost 2 pounds 

Total Loss since 3/1/10: 10 pounds

Today, I'm feeling:  Fine, determined to have a better week than last week.

Here's what happened last week:
Food: I did not stick to a strict calorie budget for about 4 days this week.  Ate at a relative's house and some restaurants and tried to stay close to my plan, when it was convenient.  Then, tried to "eat with moderation" at a resort without counting calories.    I rallied and was even lower than my budget for the past two days to get back on track.  All in all, for a guy with a food plan, I ate poorly.

Liquids:  Did not drink as much water during those four days.  I was preoccupied with a home construction project at my in-laws and a quick vacation.  I felt differently without all the water, but again rallied the last two days. 

Exercise: I was a hard worker this week, doing the construction project for two days, then doing daily exercise (walking, swimming and riding) for the rest of the week.  Worked out four days this week (light to moderate level).

Confessional:  Poor food choices, when I could have been more disciplined.  At the resort, I simply didn't want to count calories.  I just knew that I would be decent and get back on plan when I returned, which I did.  It's hard to be motivated at a place that has a "Lazy River" pool.




Weight Loss Highlight of the Week:  My wife bought me a cool belt in 2005.  I realized mid-week that it now needs a new notch!   In fact, I am notching down on all belts and feeling more comfortable in all clothes.

My goals for this week:
Move to a daily calorie count of 1700.
Workout 6 times (at least w/ a 30 minute walk). Bike miles would be even better.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
Big Clyde

7 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

When on vacation, it is ok the slurge some, its off time, just not every meal. The hard part is coming home and getting back on track with your nutrition. Ten pounds is very impressive, keep it up

RockStarTri said...

Keep up the good work. We can't expect to be perfect but you are doing great and seeing real results!

Massive Marcus said...

Moving in the right direction Clyde!

Oh yes, it is on for next Monday! Thanks for the virtual motivation.

Keep pedaling!

Marcus

Tricia said...

Yo, 2005 called, it wants its belt back.

New holes are awesome, and I mean that in the least dirtiest way possible.

So you're off your diet for four days and you lose 2 pounds. I'm off my diet zero days and I lose 1.6. I hate all men! Where is the justice?

Big Clyde said...

Thanks, everyone.

Hey Tricia, while you are looking for reasons to "hate all men", keep in mind that we also control everything on the planet. Sorry. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

But seriously, the difference between your 1.6 and my 2 is a rounding error. I'm old, am severely overweight and consequently, don't count in decimals. We both had a good week because we had a loss. Let's do it again. And I love your blog!

CactusFreek said...

Great loss!

Men DO control the planet, and look at the state of it :oÞ

I thought vacation food didn't have calories? lol

guinnemick said...

Good Job bro. Your looking good, and I mean that in the least gay way possible. How could anyone take Tricia's comment as dirty, but I agree, new holes are awesome....