Monday, March 15, 2010

Weigh In - Week Two

Weight Change:  Lost another 4 pounds!
Total Loss since 3/1/10:  8 pounds
Today, I'm feeling:   Awesome, determined, focused.

Here's what happened last week: 
Food:  I averaged about 1900 calories last week.  My thanks to Tony, Sean, Fat Daddy, RockStar, GuinneMick, TriDiesel, and several others that have advised me on this.  Aside from a few mis-steps, it just was not very hard at all.  I feel like I will be able to do this for a long time.

Liquids:  I drank tons of water and Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus (cheap, tasty, healthy, available at any grocery/convenience store and 0 calories!).  I also drink a 4-shot Americano coffee each day.

Exercise:   I did almost nothing this week, regrettably.  I was basically lazy, until the weekend when I rode for an hour.    Not proud of it, but I'm not going to let it bother me either.  It was last week.  I need to focus on doing better this week.

My goals for this week: 
  • Move to a "no-exceptions" daily calorie count of 1700.  
  • Workout 6 times (at least w/ a 30 minute walk).  Bike miles would be even better.
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Big Clyde
P.S.  Larry, so sorry to hear of your friend's death.  Life is very precious and we should make the most of it each day.

11 comments:

Sean Anderson said...

Congrats man! You're rockin' this thing my friend, very nice!

GoingLikeSixty.com said...

Nice job. I love the Lipton Diet Green Tea! Just wish there was something as tasty as cola and tea that didn't turn my teeth brown!

Zeusmeatball said...

Awesome weigh in man! 4 pounds is a great loss, you are doing great.

As Ever
Me

Jennifer said...

Awesome work! Thanks for posting the things that worked for you as well - very helpful.

David said...

Man, you are doing a great job. Keep it up !
Thanks for the comments, i know you're a bike fan and all ! hehehe

CYA

RockStarTri said...

Well done! Steady wins this race. I try to keep in the 1900 range since when I do that, I'm ok. Once I go much lower, failure always happens.

Keep up the good stuff. Soon it will be a habit.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Nice and impressive work

CactusFreek said...

Awesome loss!
It sucks when we lack in exercise. We need that plus proper food to lose weight, but the food and exercise seem like seporate enterties that we struggle with, don't they?

We all strive for balance i spose.

Tricia said...

Way to go, man! I think one of the most important things about weight loss is finding a reasonable calorie goal for yourself, and it looks like you've done that. Keep kicking ass :)

guinnemick said...

Good job brotha. Keep up the good work. Don't slack off during your staycation.

Twice the Man said...

Keep at it, great week!