Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3...3...3...3...The Sequel

About two weeks ago, I was frustrated with a 2 pound loss (because I knew that I could have done better).  So, I committed to achieving a 3 pound loss for that week.  I was fortunate to exceed that 3 pound goal. 

I am doing that again.  I lost 2 pounds this past week and I certainly am pleased with that.  Since I began eating VERY healthy foods with a 1,700 daily calorie budget (with only two higher calorie days per week), I have been fortunate to lose weight every week since March 1st, totalling 22 pounds as of today.  But I want to do better this week.  So, I'd like to increase that total to 25 pounds as of next Monday, 4/26.

Since I have to psych myself up for these things and hope that you will help to keep me accountable, I am now committing to lose 3 pounds this week. 

My weigh-in will be Monday morning on 4/26.  And I'll be down three.

Thanks for your constant encouragement everyone.  I am slowly taking control of my health in a reasonable and sustainable way.  I think that this blogging experience will be the pivot-point that I'll look back on from old age, as the time when I was able to get control of my weight forever.  It is great that we are doing it together.

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Sean Anderson said...

You're doing incredible my friend. I have no doubts, none at all.

I agree about looking back at the pivot point---and defining the difference---it's the writing for me. It's made a huge impact on my success.

My best always
Sean

R.P said...

Good going! :-) I agree too, blogging is helping me immensely.

dani31608 said...

I'm going to be the voice of reason here. I say "go for it!" as long as you aren't setting yourself up for disappointment should you not achieve a certain number.

I mean, sometimes -- no matter how well we do during the week -- the scale doesn't reflect our hard work.

But if it's just a goal? Again, GO FOR IT! =)

Best of luck this week! I look forward to hearing all about it!

Matty O said...

You will do fine! To be honest I found dieting... OR errrr ummm "eating right" haha, to be much harder than my workouts were. Hand in hand when we combined the proper eating lifestyle with our fitness lifestyle, the weight just melted off.

Keep up the good work, blogging helped make me accountable for my own goals and pushed me harder/further than I feel I would have went without it.

Just don't do what I did and get under the Clydesdale weight limit... it doesn't feel the same not being a clydesdale :(

Al (losingharry) said...

You can do it, Clyde! 3! 3! 3!

Blogging is actually pretty fun and a great way to team up with people of the same interest. am glad that I started.

CactusFreek said...

Great loss! It's great to have a constant losing streak.

Sharon said...

You can do it! 3...3...3...3!!!

Sue said...

Clyde..one thing I noticed with my weight loss...I lost more weight on the weeks that I made sure I had adequate water intake...last week..I was disappointed with less than a one pound loss...but, this week it is only Tues, and I made sure I drank more than enough water each day...and waa-laa...week is not even over and I am down 1.6 lbs -- so drink up with the water!!