Saturday, April 24, 2010

MayDay Challenge - 1 Week Left and Tour of the Tucson Mountains!


Hey everyone, we are down to our last week for the MayDay Challenge!  Next Saturday will be May 1st and it will be great to see if people come close to hitting their goals.  Please jump in today and comment as to your progress heading into this final week.

As for me, I am about 3 pounds away from hitting my 13 pound goal.  I think I'll make it, but will have to do well this week. 

I am looking forward to riding in the Tour of the Tucson Mountains this weekend.  I will be riding with my buddy, Crazy Jim, who will be in his first race ever (my fourth).  Good times.  Crazy Jim is a pretty fit guy, but new to cycling.  We will be doing the 27 mile route, which will be twice as long as he has ever ridden before, so we are just going to enjoy the time together and take our time.

Keep riding everyone and Control The Beast!

Big Clyde

10 comments:

Big Clyde said...

I just weighed and I am only 1 pound away from my 13 pound goal!

I hope that everyone else is doing well.

TJ said...

Great job on the weigh in! Have fun on that bike ride- sounds like fun! :)

Jennifer said...

Aarrgh - up .5 this week. I'll pretend not to know how that happened. On an up-note I ran a great 5k today so all is not lost. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Sue said...

My goal was 5 lbs... and I have passed that goal..this week weight loss is 3.6 lbs down...so in 3 weeks I have lost 7.8 lbs --one week to go I am hoping for another 3 lbs, or at least 2.2 lbs lost for an even 10 -- thank you for doing this challenge...it made me step up, and now I know a 10 lb weight loss each month is not impossible! Thanks for making me accountable!!

RockStarTri said...

Down 0.6. Probably won't make my goal but still going in the right direction.

CinciMom11 said...

Woohoo! That sounds like a lot of fun. You should take some scenery pictures for us if you get a chance!

Nice job - 1 pound isn't much! You'll make your goal. :)

Bil White said...

OK, I've GOT to get my bike out. No more excuses.

More inspirations. Thanks.

Bil
A Loser Dad

Al (losingharry) said...

I lost a total of 21 pounds this month. 9 away from my goal of 30.

Good luck everyone!

Massive Marcus said...

Good job Clyde!

Me and you will be under 300 by May 1st buddy!

Good luck with your race.

MM

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Have fun out there!!