The idea is that we all find a short-term goal to chase after and that we encourage each other along the way. These goals will be published on this blog, but you define your goal however you want...just have it be a specific number that you will try to achieve. Then, on May 1st (May Day), we can pretend like we're all sitting around the same picnic table celebrating our successes!
My hope is that this will give each of us a new burst of energy toward some short-term event or goal. Our goals might be different, but it will feel like we are all in it together. I know it might sound corny, but I think it will be fun!
Here are the people who have made a commitment to achieve some goal on May 1st:
- Big Clyde (me) - commits to lose 13 pounds from my current weight, bringing my total weight loss to 26 pounds since March 1st. This will be a milestone event for me.
- Losing Harry - sets the bar high with a weight loss goal of 30 pounds from his current weight. Aggressive, but he is determined!
- Big Daddy Diesel - Will compete in a 12-hour endurance bike ride on that very day, May 1st. That qualifies as a milestone event, definitely. Diesel, keep us updated as to your training for it.
- Massive Marcus - is also committing to lose 13 pounds! Does Marcus ever back away from a challenge?
- RockStar Tri - already at fighting weight, is going to lose another 10 pounds!
- ZeusMeatball - another proven winner at weight loss is working for a new milestone #...to be below 300 pounds on MayDay!
- CactusFreek - commits to drop 10 pounds from Down Under. She's getting her groove back!
- Tricia Rules - is also in for 10 pounds! And yes, the weight loss IS the prize!
- Weegie89 - wiped the last cookie crumbs away and commits to a 10 pound drop! Awesome.
- Jennifer - is preparing to hike the Grand Canyon and will drop 10 pounds before MayDay!
- Stages of Change - has thrown down the gauntlet with a 40 pound commitment (or am I reading it wrong?!)! Regardless, he is a fan of Andre the Giant, which makes him solid in my book!
- Mongo Dude - another successful guy at weight loss, he is committing to lose 6 pounds by the big day!
- Sledge - will be dropping 13 pounds(!) on 4/29, in prep for some time under the knife on MayDay.
- Joe in KC - also likes to challenge himself and will drop 25 pounds by May 1st!
- Born Squishy - is joining a few of us in losing 13 pounds...thanks for being my 30th follower!
- Katy - also is going to pound out those 13 lbs! Spread the word, Katy!
- Sue - will be dropping 5 pounds. Thanks, Katy for the asisst!
- Sharon - on-board to leave 13 pounds behind. Sharon, it's NOT unrealistic! 3 pounds per week can be done for most overweight people with tons of water, low-calories, and a 30 minute walk, every day...you can do it too.
- Anyone else?
Feel free to use this on your blogs as well, if you want and if you think of others that might want to join in, please let them know and we can add them in. Also, if you want me to change how I have referred to you here, let me know that as well.
Okay, game on. Play hard!