Friday, April 16, 2010

Top 5 Friday - Songs for the Starting Line

After a few weeks' absence, Top 5 Friday returns!  It's only fun if you comment and add your ideas to the list.

Today, I present my list of The Top 5 Songs that I would like to hear at the Starting Line.   A "starting line" might be the first step off your porch when you begin your Saturday morning run, or as you roll out of your driveway for a long ride on the bike, or the first minute of a long workout at the gym.  

My criteria?  Something with a fast or quickly-building tempo that will get my heart pumping, make me happy or get my game face on...also, something that hasn't been overplayed on radio, movies, etc.  Here's my list:
  1. 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago
  2. A Little Less Conversation by Elvis (JXL Mix edit)
  3. Creepin' Up the Backstairs by The Fratellis
  4. The Distance by Cake
  5. Roll To Me by Del Amitri
You get the idea:  what are your Top 5 Songs that would play at Your Starting Line to get you pumped for the workout ahead. Give me your list!

Keep riding, everyone!

Big Clyde

6 comments:

Al (losingharry) said...

5. Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
4. Kid Rock - Cocky
3. Shoot To Thrill - AC/DC
2. Welcome to the Jungle - GnR
1. Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue

My songs are mostly "getting my game face on" songs.

Massive Marcus said...

I have a bike riding play list with about 150 songs on my IPOD. I use the shuffle feature and let whatever happens happen but all 150 songs are spirited game face songs.

Because it's the first song in the play list I always hear Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit to start my workouts then the shuffling commences.

Here are 5 of the craziest to ride along to.

1. Seek and Strike - Soul Fly
2. The Fight Song - Marilyn Manson
3. Freak on a Leash - Korn
4. Whatever - Godsmack
5. Domination - Pantera

Hard to pick just 5... Those ones get me pumped and make me ride like my life depended on it.

Katy said...

Kashmir-Led Zeppelin
Army-Ben Folds

My brain is not working, that's all I can think of right now.

Twice the Man said...

1 Billy Idol - White Wedding
2 Bobby Brown - My Prerogtaive
3 Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam
4 Pat Benatar - Hit Me with Your Best Shot
5 Eminem - Lose Yourself

R.P said...

Surprisingly, I can do with any music as long as they are fast numbers. I also love my 'Hindi' songs. That is the language spoken in my country! :-)

Joe In KC said...

Move B*tch -Ludacris
Renegades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine
Heads Will Roll- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Sabotage- Beastie Boys
Treat Me Like Your Mother- The Dead Weather

Special consideration for Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. The opening guitar riff is enough to anyone going.

Good call on The Distance by Cake by the way. Love that band.