Monday, April 5, 2010

Weigh In - Week 5

Weight Change: Lost 2 pounds


Total Loss since 3/1/10: 15 pounds

Today, I'm feeling:  Awesome!  Getting a handle on food choices and recovering from mistakes.

Here's what happened last week:
Food: I ate pretty well this week, averaging just under 1,700 calories per day, with only a couple of mess-ups.   By the way, NO MORE FAST FOOD!  I eat carefully at Subway and make more food at home.  Bye-bye, Ronald McDonald.

Liquids: Tons of water, quite a bit of the Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus. This keeps it all moving and energy levels up.  Also, helps to curb my appetite.

Exercise:  I'll call this a "Grampa workout" - this is where you park the car at the far end of the parking lot at work, the grocery store, etc. Nothing strenuous, nothing that breaks a sweat...just a few more calories burned each day, all week. Also, did a pretty intense bike ride on Saturday (13 miles with a tough hill climb for me).

Confessional: Two mess-ups, the first was on Monday Night (Curse of the Mexican Food-Baby) and the second was a more mild case of dipping my hand into the easter candy.  Want to know how to recover from a heavy-calorie day?  My solution was just to mostly eat some light proteins (eggs and some cheese) and tons of fruits and veggies for the next few days.  Kept me healthy and very low in calories.  I think it worked.

Weight Loss Highlight of the Week: Someone new asked me how much weight I'd lossed!  Also, I am feeling very comfortable in clothes that were tight a month ago.   Started the MayDay Challenge!

My Goals for this Week:
  • Maintain a daily calorie budget of 1,700 or less
  • Exercise at least 4 times this week (walking or cycling)
Have a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

6 comments:

Katy said...

That Damn Ronald... he can be so tempting at times! Good for you for avoiding fast food, that stuff is so addicting so it's quite the acomplishment to be "sober" from it for a while. haha. Great job!

Massive Marcus said...

Good job Clyde!

I've also started to notice a little more roominess in my clothes.

Keep making all those smart little choices, they add up. Keep pedaling!

MM

CactusFreek said...

Very awesome! I like how you mapped out the elements of weight loss here. And i like the 'Grampa workout' term. I'm going to nick that :o)

BornSquishy said...

Great week!

I said that I'd report in this week...... only .6 lbs lost.

Sharon said...

Good job this week! Loose clothing is always a good sign :)

Zeusmeatball said...

Saying goodbye to Ronald, Wendy, the king and that little dog with the Tacos was a godsend for me and I don't like any of that food any more! go figure ;)

as for your 13 mile ride thats a good ride! my rides are much shorter than that BUT they are ALL hills so hopefully it makes up for the shorter distances ;) keep on keepin on man, you are doing it.

As Ever
Me