Monday, April 19, 2010

Weigh In - Week 7

Weight Change:  Lost 2 pounds


Total Loss since 3/1/10:  22 pounds.


Today, I'm feeling:  Energized to keep this going!

Here's what happened last week:
I had a bad cold that sacked me from Monday and Tuesday.  Feeling better, I washed my truck on Tuesday night (is it wimpy for me to have worked up a good sweat doing this?).  As I was getting the car wash stuff down from a shelf in my garage, I fell...no harm done, until I felt the pain in the morning.  A trip to Urgent Care showed that I had sprained my foot which was pretty painful for the next few days.  Back to normal by Saturday morning, but lost some workout opptys this week.

Food: I ate very well this week, averaging just under 1,700 calories per day, except for "Dark Monday" (see below).   My diet involves a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, egg whites, grilled chicken and lunchmeat and even Subway sandwiches (no cheese, low-cal dressings), turkey jerky, soup, and rarely cereal or oatmeal.

Liquids: Tons of water, quite a bit of the Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus. This keeps it all moving and energy levels up. Also, helps to curb my appetite.

Exercise:  I dragged out the punching bag and hung it again outside.  I beat on that thing a few times this week and lifted weights twice.  Otherwise, only the Grampa workouts of adding steps to my daily routine.

Confessional:  "Dark Monday".  It started innocently enough.  After my weigh-in on Week 2 of this weight loss journey, I celebrated by eating a bit more food that day.  And it was food that I had told myself was "off-limits".  Then, I was back on "plan" by Monday at dinner time.  I still saw a weight loss for the week, so on Monday of Week 3 (after weigh-in), I did it again only adding some ice cream to the secret menu.  It has continued a bit more each week.  This past Monday, it involved Pop-Tarts (okay, 2 packs) and other stuff.  Combine that with my cold and the sprained foot and I had 5 days of almost no loss at all.  I have tried to tell myself that "Mondays just don't really count", but that is ridiculous.  I will still allow myself to go above my 1,700 daily calories on two days per week, but need to reel in this "Dark Monday" practice.

Weight Loss Highlight of the Week:  I am now wearing some clothes that I haven't worn for years.  They almost seem baggy.  It is hot here in AZ and I am now realizing that my jeans that I wore in February should probably be given away, because I won't be able to wear them once it gets cold again in October!

My Goals for this Week:
  • Hitting my "milestone" number...more on that, when I hit that goal.
  • Maintain a daily calorie budget of 1,700 or less
  • Exercise at least 4 times this week (walking or cycling)

Have a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

7 comments:

Massive Marcus said...

Congrats on the 2 pounds Clyde!

We both had rough weeks with sickness. Lets make this next week a stellar one in the getting physical exercise department.

Keep spinning your wheels down the good path!

MM

dani31608 said...

You are doing a phenomenal job! Congrats on your weight loss and all of the changes that are underway in your new lifestyle. =)

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog. I appreciate your support. I also look forward to your continued success. Keep it up!

Al (losingharry) said...

Way to go Clyde. You are doing awesome! Look on the bright side of "Dark Monday," at least it is only one day. Some people, like me, would let that get out of hand and become a whole week.

I am looking forward to the old clothes thing too. You are doing great.

Matty O said...

Hey there!

Been following you for a week now, stumbled on you from another site, I think Bid Daddy Diesel?

Regardless keep up the great work on shedding those pounds! I competed in my first triathlon and marathon years ago now as a clydesdale myself :) I was proud to woop a bunch of the "light weights". I have yo-yo'd on my weight myself and made the commitment with my wife this year to kick it for good.

I have lost over 35 pounds since January 1st and am still going strong. Its all about eating right and realizing that the "portions" at restaraunts are like grazing troughs!!!

Good luck with everything and hopefully you will keep moving forward with your goal! PS - Get rid of the old clothes, if you keep them its easy to go back to them... harder to go out and buy bigger pants.

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry about your sprain, but good job on the 2 lb loss! I hope you're feeling better soon so you can get back on the bike! Here's hoping today does not become another Dark Monday!

Julia said...

Congratulations on your loss! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!Congratulations to you.!!You really did good job.The tons of water is really good and effective,no doubt..!!And I hope that you'll achieve your goals..!!nice blog,



arizona weight loss