Friday, May 14, 2010

Cue the "Rocky" theme song, please

Recently, I wrote about a nice Saturday bike ride where I had enjoyed some renewed strength climbing hills, increasing speed, etc.  In the comments, Massive Marcus wrote that he could hear the "Rocky" theme song playing somewhere.  Yes, the song can be cheesy, but it does stir up that same feeling in all of us, right?  Nice one, MM. 



It's time for me to press "play" on that song again.  Yes, I lost weight last week...1 pound.  I am grateful for that loss and I know that I am becoming more healthy (and smarter about my choices).  But I was on quite a roll there for awhile (losing 2-4 pounds per week) and that has slowed dramatically.   

So, I am going to be working hard to force that number downward.  I have been exercising daily with cardio (ranging from 30 min of fast walking, to jogging to cycling) and have also added in some work with weights to get ready for the GUN SHOW (somebody give me a high-5! Up Top!  Don't leave me hangin' now...anyone?!?).

I realized that it was finally time to get serious about my workout routine when the term "Last Chance Workout" would come to my mind as I headed to the bathroom, right before my weigh-in on Monday morning.   (Sorry if that's crude, but fans of The Biggest Loser might get that one.)

Also, I've decided that I'm not going to check the scale until Mondays.  Before this week, I was weighing every day for the past few weeks and it's driving me crazy.  So, we'll see how I do on Monday morning.

What are your exercise goals for this coming week?

11 comments:

midlife_swimmer said...

I was sick this last week so i need to do 4 make up workouts before the term is over and I will try to ad one or two a week to my already scheduled 12 hours working out a week. Also I am challenging others to get out and swim. See my challenge below! You guys should get involved too!

http://midlifeswimmer.blogspot.com/2010/05/get-to-your-pool-before-summer.html

CinciMom11 said...

Woohoo, gun show!!!! Did you take your 'before' pics?

Are the Rocky movies any good? I feel like watching those since you mentioned the theme song.

CinciMom11 said...

P.S. - I know you are totally going to kick butt! Your new workout schedule sounds fantastic!

RockStarTri said...

My exercise goals this week will frighten most mortals as my training is ramping up. Let's just say that it would be great if all should do a little more than they think would be easy and then enjoy the results.

Tricia said...

whooohooooo high fives all around. :) have a great weekend!

✯FiTCETERA✯ said...

It sounds like you're ready to attack this thing, Clyde. I like RockStarTri's comment. I wuss out a lot.

My "last chance workouts" have resulted in serious losses, let me tell you. Masterpieces I say!
I was weighing myself everyday and finally just quit that nonsense. It was driving me crazy (a very short drive) Once a week is enough.

My exercise goal for the week is to get on the Grindstone 7 days in a row for an hour.

Have an energetic weekend!

Tricia said...

Weighing every day is a surefire way to activate any severe mental disorders you may have been repressing. That being said, I do it. So...yeah.

Massive Marcus said...

GETTING STRONG NOW!!!! HA HA

It is cheesy Clyde but it gets me fired up for whatever reason. I have clips of all the Rocky movie training montages.

I like weighing in once a week. You give yourself 7 days to see what you can do. I get excited now for my Monday morning weigh ins. As I type this I'm thinking I have about 50 hours until that happens and it motivates me to be the best I can in that time. Thats the other reason I like Mondays, it keeps me good on the weekends where temptations seem to come more often.

I won't lie... the scale calls my name often but I resist.

I got a couple of high fives for you buddy! (as long as they are before your last chance workout!)

MM

fatty blogsticks said...

how good is that rocky montage! i remember my little brother watching that part (when he was about 8) to help fire him up before every soccer game. cute!

next week, i want to lose more than half a kilo (1.1 lbs). i am takin' it slow, intentionally, but that rocky theme song has me pumped up and wanting more!

~HoneyB~ said...

Great song!!! I hear ya on the scale thing ... its horrid on me and I cant seem to stop weighing 500 times a day :/

My fitness goals for the week are to just keep moving . Its been really rainy here and so Ive been working out doing step aerobics, just keeping moving is my goal.

Alan said...

Big Clyde, I'm a Philly guy and I love it! Didn't know that clip was available on YouTube. Thanks for the psyche up!