Friday, May 7, 2010

Iron Man 2...on a bicycle

So, Crazy Jim and I rode in the Tour of the Tucson Mountains (28 mile route) about two weeks ago.  The more time passes, I seem to forget that I got some good exercise in with my friend and focus instead on the fact that I really screwed up my eating for this race.  My lack of bike-nutrition caused horrible performance in the last 6-7 miles, rubbery legs when I got off my bike and (honestly) flickering "I'm-going-to-pass-out" vision.  Until I ate a ham sammich and finally felt better.  Good times with a friend, yeah okay kinda...but I wasted a good opportunity to really do well in this race.  I thought I would crush this thing and ended up feeling like a total spaz.

Time to get back on that bike and put in more distance...with hills this time.  Crazy Jim and I are going to see IronMan2 this weekend (because it is awesome).    First, we'll have to ride up La Canada (3 miles and 450 feet in elevation), then ride for a few more miles to the theatre.  Watch the flick, then IronMan-it back home.   I think it will be about 12.5 miles..

I am now looking for reasons to get on the bike to blast past my plateau (and to beat Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge)!  That woman really knows how to get to me.

Keep Riding Everyone!

Big Clyde


P.S.  By the way, when did everyone start hating Gwyneth Paltrow?  Does she stab puppies or something?  Did I miss the memo?  I'm still on-board with her!  Gwynnie, come over and have dinner with the fam.  You look hungry.

9 comments:

Tricia said...

I like her, I think she's super pretty! Plus, Shallow Hal is one of my favorite movies ever...for obvious reasons, eh?

Massive Marcus said...

I'm going to try and see the movie in the next 2 weeks with a buddy of mine. Gwyneth is more than all right in my books. I saw a piece a couple of years back on her fitness regime, she is pretty and tough.

Sounds like a good outing Clyde. Sneak in some healthy stuff for the movie!

~HoneyB~ said...

PPL dont like what they cant be... its simple. :))) Any how I am sitting here with my mouth agape at the thought of riding that far and HOME AGAIN! Great job thinking up ways to get really awesome work outs into your everyday life.

You know, I was thinking this is prolly one of those aha! moments in terms of not just while were trying to lose weight, but for a life long habit. I bet one of the greatest tools we will all have in the long term of weight maintenance is finding things just like this to keep our bodies moving in all ways all the time even when its not a "planned" workout.

Thanks for sharing this with us, you, MM and Al I swear you guys are the unstoppable three!

Twon said...

I think when she and Chris Martin wed the awesomeness of them combined just created such jealousy it became conveyed as anger.

plus they named their kid apple. nobody likes apples.

Big Clyde said...

Tricia and MM: Cool, we'll keep our membership in the Gwyn Fan Club. I'll let you know how the movie is.

HoneyB: You are a sweetie! I appreciate your thought on finding ways to bring exercise into my life. I HAVE to work on this, because I don't seem to have the drive that we are all seeing in MM and Al. (but I'll get there soon, boys!).

Twon: Tell me about Chris Martin, please. Is Coldplay really good? I only know "Fix You", which breaks my heart. Coldplay, like Gwyneth, seems to be a punchline now. Is there music good?

Off to the races, people. Tony Stark is waiting!

RockStarTri said...

After "Shakespeare in Love" (even though it is a chick flick), Gwyneth will never be hate-able in my book.

I've never even seen IM1. I'll probably want to see Robin Hood and/or the "A" team - I love it when a plan comes together.

Twon said...

@Clyde I personally like Coldplay. They do incredibly well for themselves. "The Scientist" is the song of theirs that makes me sad inside.

CinciMom11 said...

Gish, I haven't thought about Gwen in a looong time. Is she in the movie you're seeing? The bike ride sounds like a great idea!

✯FiTCETERA✯ said...

She was just on the Marriage Ref being her very wonderful self ... funny, astute, compassionate and sexy. I like her.