Saturday, May 1, 2010

MayDay Challenge - DAY OF RECKONING !!!


Well, well, well...

Today is May 1st or MayDay.  When we started this challenge, I noted how the term "mayday" is the distress call that ships call out to others when they are in need of a rescue.  Four weeks ago, I had just lost 13 pounds in the previous month, but was wondering if I had just gotten rid of some early weight and then would level off.  It was one thing to have a few good weeks going on my new program, but could I do it for two months in a row? 

I knew that I would need help and encouragement.  I made that "mayday" call out to all of you and asked for you to join in.   Click here for the list of players that signed up at the beginning...others joined in along the way.  We haven't heard from some people and that is fine.  We are all on our own path and people are busy.  I hope everyone did well.  I also want to say that all of our goals are very individualized.  If you set the bar high (for you) and missed, do not be disappointed.  My question is:  would you have achieved as much if you set the bar lower?

I am so grateful to all of you for joining me in this.  It means so much more than you could possibly know. 

So, please jump in and comment and let us all know how you did.  Be wordy...we want to hear it! 

(I'll post a comment on my progress sometime Saturday, when I return from being out of town).

Big Clyde

13 comments:

Twon said...

That was a good idea! Maybe i'll set a monthly goal for my second month. i try to set my goals week to week (because the end game is so daunting, i'd rather focus on smaller bites.)

Sharon said...

-4 for me. I think next month I need to aim lower so I don't get discouraged.

Mongo Dude said...

I lost two pounds during the MayDay Challenge. I said I would lose four. While I missed the goal, I have to keep in mind that for me, a loss of two pounds every month is pretty much what I have averaged over the past two years. I'm still not on "a diet", just making better food choices. I'm totally confident that I will continue to slowly lose more weight. I am very proud of how I look today.

Al (losingharry) said...

I set a goal of 30 pounds...I might have been drinking when I pledge that amount. I ended up losing 21.6 pounds since May 1st. I am pretty happy evedn though I did not meat my goal.

Big Clyde said...

I started this challenge a month ago with a 13 pound goal. As of this morning, I have lost 14 this month!

Thanks to all of you for joining me in this. As I had hoped, it WAS more fun doing this together and you all kept me motivated.

Congrats to Sharon, Mongo and Al for your losses. I know that Marcus rocked it too. Maybe we'll hear from more people in the next few days.

If any of you would like to go for a new challenge, count me in!

Massive Marcus said...

My goal was to lose 14 pounds to reach a weight of 299 and break the 300 mark by may 1st.

This morning I weighed in at 293! A loss of 20 pounds during the month of April.

Great work everyone!

Jennifer said...

I lost a 4.5 out of the 10 I had as my goal. Even though I lost less than half of what I had hoped - I have cut down on soda drinking, cut down on late night ice cream eating and have eaten a lot more salads. Those things are a big deal and I am happy that I participated in the MayDay challenge to make those changes alone. Thanks Clyde! Knowing I was going to check in each Saturday made me more accountable during the week. Thank you sooooo much! Congrats to everyone - if you're moving forward, you're winning.

CinciMom11 said...

Wait a minute! Clyde, does that mean you've lost 5 pounds since Monday?

Great job, everyone!

Sue said...

Thanks for making us all accountable...well...I was wishing for a 5 lb lost....weighing in today I have lost a total of 10.4 pounds~~~ I surpassed my goals...now I am going to set monthly goals...this has helped me so much...! Thanks Clyde!!!

Al (losingharry) said...

Way to go everyone! It's cool reading about all these loses.

Massive Marcus said...

What a bunch of losers we are!

Great stuff everyone.

Big Clyde said...

Awesome job everyone!

CinciMom11 - I didn't lose 5 pounds since last Monday, I lost 6! It is great, but in reality, I had messed up my digestion a bit with doing too much protein right before my race last Sunday, so that gain from last week (and now a 6 pound loss) was all a bit funky.

Nonetheless, I exceeded my MayDay Challenge goal and again, am very grateful to all of you for the encouragement. You guys mean a lot to me.

CactusFreek said...

My scales died so i couldn't do most of it. But i bought new scales 2 days ago and i actualy gained 6 pounds DOH!