Monday, May 10, 2010

Weigh In - Week 10

Weight Change:  Lost 1 pound
Total Loss since 3/1/10:  28 pounds

Today, I'm feeling:  Content with my plan, feeling much healthier (but still looking for more rapid weight loss, based on my effort). 
Here's what happened last week:   Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge (see earlier post here)!

Food:   Ate well, lots of fruits, veggies, egg whites and low-cal foods.

Liquids: Tons of water, quite a bit of the Lipton Diet Green Tea with BERRIES (new flavor)! This keeps it all moving and energy levels up. Coffee everyday.

Exercise:
  • Tuesday:  30 minutes of stair-stepping and lifted weights. 
  • Wednesday:  30 minutes after-dinner walk.  (Thanks, Tricia!).  2 sets of bicep curls.
  • Thursday:  C25K Week 1.1 (30 minutes...2.18 miles.)  Walking and jogging.
  • Saturday:  Rode 13.7 miles to go to the movies.  2 sets of bicep curls.
  • Sunday:  C25K Week 1.2 and lifted weights
Confessional: Nothing major here this week.  Good news.

Weight Loss Highlight of the Week:  Felt a lot more energy this week and found myself looking forward to exercise.  Also, on Saturday, I saw that there are now over 50 followers to this blog!  That is very cool.  Whether there are 50 people following, 500 followers or only 5, I can assure you that I am grateful for your encourging words, advice and even the kick-in-the-tail that I get from you.  Please keep at it.  I'll work hard to keep the posts interesting and honest.

My Goals for this Week:
  • Continue to pursue goal of 280 weight by June 20 for Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!
  • Changing my daily avg calorie budget to 1,800 or less
  • Cardio at least 4 times this week (walking, cycling or stepping). (Thanks for the challenge, Mike).  Weights at least 3 times this week. 
  • Working toward a big loss for next week.  My weight loss pace has slowed over the past few weeks and I hope increased exercise will cause a dramatic change.
Have a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

11 comments:

Twon said...

That's a great picture :)

Followers are cool. It feels more like participation and sharing your struggle, rather than being alone and praying to some vacant diet overlord for penance!

CinciMom11 said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great week! Great food, great liquids, great exercise. How do you like c25k? I see that you're lifting weights! Woohoo! That is such an important part of exercise. I have to share my favorite lifting resource: http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/a/weight101_2.htm

If you scroll down and click on a muscle group, you can check out a bunch of great exercises. You could be a weight-lifting expert for all I know. If you aren't check out that site. :)

Have a great week this week!

Al (losingharry) said...

You are doing great Clyde. even a 1 pound loss is a victory in my book. Keep it up and that ipod is yours!

Sharon said...

Great job this week, Clyde!

411 Gurl said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!! Consider taking measurements so you can celebrate inches lost when the scale won't budge. It will help to feel reward in your effort. Take care of you!

Katie J said...

Good job Clyde! One more lb. gone forever :-)

spunkysuzi said...

Way to go! Every pound down is a great victory :)

Bookgirl95 said...

Good job Dad! I love your picture. :)
You should come swimming some time with me and Samson. I bet that would count for something. (Maybe we can push Cuppa Joe in, because we both know he won't get in on his own.)
Love,
Bookgirl95

Massive Marcus said...

Every pound is a step closer my friend. Good work.

Zeusmeatball said...

a pound is a pound, you are doing great so keep it up and you will get where you want to.

As Ever
Me

✯FiTCETERA✯ said...

You forgot about the maple syrup. And adding 'u' s to our words when they're completely unnecessary.
What do we do all day "up here"?
Why, we make fun of Americans, of course! :D
Luv ya! Mean it!

Congrats on the loss! Here's to getting the loss you're hoping for next week!