Monday, May 17, 2010

Weigh In - Week 11

Weight Change:  Lost 0 pound
Total Loss since 3/1/10:  28 pounds

Today, I'm feeling:   I don't know. Grateful for the total loss, but disappointed that the same effort that lost my recent weight is now producing mediocre results at best.  Maybe I am just shape-shifting (like one of the X-Men).  I will not give up and will stay on plan, but it is confusing to me.  I have been wrestling with low-results for a few weeks now.

Here's what happened last week:  I felt great for the first several days of this week.  My stomach just began to feel flatter (if that is possible for a guy around 300 pounds!?!) and I really started working out last weekend and on through Wednesday.  Then, I got busy (or tired or cocky?) and just didn't get around to working out on Thurs-Sunday.  I wish I knew how that happened.  Also, I ate a few more heavy calorie foods on the weekend and didn't count calories.  Why did my discipline seem to go away?

Also, I went to a party on Sunday night (12 hours before weigh-in). I passed on the beer and cake, but did have 2-3 portions of grilled chicken.  
(Here is a picture of me and the fellas at last night's party. I'm the tall one in the middle.)

Food: Ate well for the most part...lots of fruits, veggies, egg whites and low-cal foods. 

Liquids: Much less water this week.  Maybe that hurt me.  Coffee everyday.

Exercise:
Monday:  weights
Tuesday:  30 minutes of steps and weights
Wednesday: C25K Week 1.3
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday: 30 minute walk
Sunday:  20 minute walk

Confessional:   After feeling so solid about my food choices during the week, we took the kids out for breakfast on Saturday.  I thought I would be okay and ordered waffles with sausage, then had some pizza for dinner.  I knew that I was starting to lose my discipline.  Disappointing.

Weight Loss Highlight of the Week:  At church, my mother-in-law pointed out that I had been losing weight (I hadn't seen her since Easter).  An older lady looked at me and said "you look perfect at this weight, because you are tall and have big shoulders."  I loved hearing that but said "oh, I've got more to lose" and she actually said "no, don't say that...don't get too skinny".  About 10 minutes earlier, she had also told us that she was half-blind (!), but I still liked her warning for me to not get "too skinny"!  Hysterical!

My Goals for this Week:

  • Continue to pursue goal of 280 weight by June 20 for Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!  
  • Changing my daily avg calorie budget to 1,800 or less.
  • Cardio at least 4 times this week (walking, cycling or stepping). (Achieved 5/7 days).  Weights at least 3 times this week.  (Only lifted weights twice).
Have a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

11 comments:

Matty O said...

Keep on the good fight! Try walking 30 minutes every day. A lot of people will walk after dinner to burn off some of the food they just ate.

Diet seems right on, so patience with this. As I have said, you didn't put the weight on overnight, so you aren't going to lose it overnight :)

✯FiTCETERA✯ said...

Hang in there ... you know what to do.
Older half-blind ladies are great for the ego. :D

CinciMom11 said...

Dude, you posted a picture of yourself a while back... I must say I would have never guessed you were anywhere near 300. That old lady is right to worry about you getting too skinny! :)

Bummer about not losing this week. At least you didn't gain! I guess the sodium from the weekend messed you up a little bit. It's good to be able to look back at your week and see where things went wrong. Here's to a better week! :)

TJ said...

Hang in there- I bet next week you will see a loss! :)

Love the picture of you and your buddies! lol :)

Zeusmeatball said...

Just keep at it, eat within your calories, keep exercising and it will come off, it has no choice....don't get discouraged when its not a perfect week and a huge loss is not realized, you lost 0 thats better than gaining 1 so good job.

On the losing discipline thing, work through it because you have to, not because you want to and not because I say so but because you HAVE to, you already know you do.

keep on keepin on..

As Ever
Me

Christine said...

Don't give up, Clyde! Everyone screws up every now and then. It happens. You need to stop beating yourself up when you derail, and instead tell yourself that you will get back on track RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow. Not Monday. NOW. Then keep plugging along. You've done a great job losing weight already, so you know what you need to do. Just stay focused.

Can you ask your family and friends to give you reminders if you start to derail? That might help you stay on task too.

Keep up the good fight.

Cheers,
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

~HoneyB~ said...

You can do it Clyde :) I know how tough it can be when you fall "off plan" but hey, you didnt gain! Super plus there and next weeks weigh in will be better :)

Twon said...

You're doing great! From my experiences, weight loss definitely follows an ebb and flow. Just because you're not showing it on the scale today doesn't mean you won't show it that much more next week. I don't why it happens, but it definitely does.

My weigh-in is friday, but I weigh myself almost everyday, just to see what's going on. And I'll find that I won't lose anything for 3 or 4 days and then it all magically falls off in 1 day. I don't know why. But it does! But you are doing the right things, so just push it through!

Sharon said...

Hang in there, Clyde. Monday weigh-ins are the worst after a cheat weekend. Don't beat yourself up too much for it. I bet you'll be showing a loss by Wednesday.

Massive Marcus said...

Cause and effect my friend.

Do the things that cause the effects you desire and stay away from those things that cause the effects you don't want.

From what I gather you had waffles, sausage, pizza on Saturday and a party on the Sunday night before weigh in and you didn't workout the last 4 days of the week. The end result was no change. That tells me your body is doing pretty good. What would of happened if you had eaten better and got the workouts in?

Commit yourself to 7 days of only the best choices in food and exercise and I know you will amaze yourself. Cause and effect... there is a consequence for everything we do, some are positive, some are negative.

Keep pedaling buddy

MM

Tricia said...

That picture is most triumphant! I bet that dude was a real partier.

Also, please stop trying to diet yourself into thin air. You've got elderly women all over America in an absolute panic. A tizzy, if you will!