Monday, May 24, 2010

Weigh In - Week 12



Weight Change:  Lost 4 pounds!

Total Loss since 3/1/10:  32 pounds

Today, I'm feeling:   Great!  Ready for another good week ahead.

Here's what happened last week:   A great week for me in terms of activity and food.   I see now that I need to work on the calorie-furnaces (as Massive Marcus puts it!) by increasing my exercise and being more consistent.  Maybe that is what has held me back for the past few weeks...I was eating well, but not changing exercising much and therefore, not improving my metabolism?  I wish I knew more about this stuff. 

Food:  Averaged about 1,700 calories per day last week, with almost no deviations.  Lots of fruits and veggies, yet also more grains than I had in previous weeks.  Avoiding temptations is much easier now and when I indulge (like Cheesecake Factory's Carrot Cake last week), I just eat smaller portions and make sure to work it in to my plan either that day or the next.  Then, it's not a failure.  Right?

Liquids:  Drank much more water than last week.

Exercise:
Monday:
Tuesday: 10 minutes of steps
Wednesday: Short Hill Loop (9.3 miles, 43 minutes)
Thursday: Pool exercises (30 mins, 500 cals), C25K Week 2.1
Friday:
Saturday: 45 mins of water aerobics and did the "Hill Express" ride (6.7 miles, 33 mins)
Sunday:

Confessional:  NOTHING TO REPORT THIS WEEK!

Weight Loss Highlight of the Week:   All of my belts are now on their smallest notch...may need to shop soon.  Also, I am noticing that my 3XL shirts seem strangely baggy or stretched out now.  Hmmm.  I also wore a U of A polo shirt that I bought in 2004.  It was a 2XL, but I have NEVER worn it because it was just too tight.  Now, I feel good in it. 

My Goals for this Week:

• Continue to pursue goal of 280 weight by June 20 for Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!
• Cardio at least 5 times this week C25K (2x). Hill Climb (3x). Weights at least 3 times this week.

Make it a good week everyone!
Big Clyde

25 comments:

Sharon said...

Hooray! I bet those smaller sizes feel great! Keep up the good work, Clyde. That iTouch will be yours soon!

411 Gurl said...

Woohoo!!! Good for you! You had a stellar week and was rewarded nicely with a 4 pound loss. Don't forget its all those weeks prior that help to push that nice loss too! Sometimes waiting is the hardest part! I loved your highlights and how cool to be wearing smaller clothes and tightening belts!!! Keep up the great work!

Michael said...

You can also drill a hole in your belt to make it last a while longer. If you do that, at some point you will have to cut off the excess leather because it starts to wrap too far around your waist.

Tricia said...

great job!

CinciMom11 said...

WOW!!! Great week, Clyde! Big efforts and a big loss! What a great non-scale victory to be able to report, too! We are going to look great in our smaller race shirts! What made you decide to sign up for a 5k? I am starting to get nervous because I am so freaking slow!

Big Clyde said...

Thanks, everyone!

Cinci: I'm doing the 5K because I feel like I have to have some type of event in front of me to keep me focused. If I never did another bike race, etc., then I might just quit this "project". I am still working to develop that love of exercising. The official races make it more exciting for me. How about you?

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

One of the hardest things to realize about exercise is that it's not something you can just put on auto-pilot and go. You've really gotta keep the intensity and/or length of time increasing or you'll see diminishing results.

Great loss, brother. Keep up the great work.

foolsfitness said...

Thanks for all your comments on my blog!

I'm trying to learn how to "climb" (or attack on hills) I've got to start getting more time specific. I keep failing on two hills in town. Right now I'm trying to go from long distance with stops to less rest breaks.

Let me know if your up to the bicycle scavanger hunt challenge on the right side top of my blog... you currently need a pic of your bike with and old car. (Hey, challenge me to find somethimething on a bicycle too?)

I'm trying to look at it as exercize shouldn't need to be "working out" as it should be something you enjoy doing. I'm trying to get away from the mindset that it's "work"... like my volleyball time is "play" yet still gets me moving.

I think I have the reverse of you in some respects. I tend to be so active I'm on burn out, yet my food intake is always boardering on horrible. Funny bones for breakfast this morning, steak fries for lunch... or 1200 calories in soda yesterday... yeah, I know... That's why I'm FoolsFitness- Alan

chris mcpeake said...

Nicely done. Keep up the great work.
cool blog

Kimberley said...

Great loss! Feels good when your clothes start to get too big doesn't it?

Massive Marcus said...

See Clyde if you commit to both sides of the equation (exercise and nutrition) good things happen. I knew you had it in you!

Congrats on the 4 pounds buddy!

Keep the furnace fires dancing up those hills!

MM

CinciMom11 said...

Mine is June 13. I know I'll eventually run 5ks on a regular basis, and I can't wait to start! I'm not going to lie: The sweet shirts have a lot to do with it. How fast are you? I am super, super slow.

Big Clyde said...

Cinci, I'll let you know soon. I'm likely going to do a practice one tonight.

RockStarTri said...

The plan is working. Good job this week. New clothes are a great indicator.

TJ said...

WOW! Great job!!! :) Nice Loss! CHUG THAT WATER! lol :)

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Awesome loss and wonderful job on meeting all your goals. You are doing great and I can tell how excited you are just from the tone of your post.

CactusFreek said...

You are doing soooo freakin well! I'm coveting your awesomeness and motivation right now!

Alan said...

Clyde, way to go! I can relate to all those "milestones", as I'm now wearing the things I bought in 2004 too. Hope it's still in style!

Matty O said...

GREAT JOB! Keep mixing up the workouts and don't let your body get "in a rut" that is USED to the same workouts every day.

You are doing awesome, keep your head up and stay STRONG AND POSITIVE!

Twice the Man said...

I am very proud of your progress, 32 pounds in less then 2 months, your going to have a body that reflect the work your doing now in the future before you realize it

Twon said...

Man, you accrue comments like i accrue stretch marks :P

I wonder if that new mederma stretch mark cream is any good. Not the original stuff, the new creme made for it specifically.

Apparently i spell cream however i darn well please at any given moment. Wow, this comment took a horrible turn. Ok, Twon. Refocus.

Congrats on the 4 lbs! yay for no major slipups!

~HoneyB~ said...

Great job Clyde! I think your adjustment with food when you said "I just eat smaller portions and make sure to work it in to my plan either that day or the next. Then, it's not a failure. Right?" is dead on not only for now but for maintaining weight loss after ... Congrats!

Dani @ WRW said...

Fan-freaking-tastic! What an update. Keep up the great work! =)

Happy Fun Pants said...

Inconceivable! :)

In all seriousness - WOW! Great work and great job!

I'm impressed...and envious.

Tammy said...

Wow what a great loss...and on the same week as Cheesecake Factory??? I don't think I'll have near that kind of luck with the Chinese I ate today, lol. I weighed this morning at 240 and again this afternoon at 247. Good ol' sodium! :)