Monday, May 31, 2010

Weigh In - Week 13

Weight Change:  Lost 4 pounds!

Total Loss since 3/1/10:   36 pounds

Today, I'm feeling:   As James Brown, the "Godfather of Soul" says "I Feel Good!"

Here's what happened last week:
I started out like a man on fire, with solid cardio workouts on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, rested on Thursday, and then was sick with a cold on Friday-Sunday.   Bummer.  Registered for my first 5K with the kids.  The race is one week away.

Food:   Ate well, averaging around 1,700 calories per day, but did work in some birthday treats  by backing off the calories on other meals.  Weighed daily to keep it in check.  Use sparkpeople.com everyday.

Liquids:   Same as each week...not a struggle here.  Lots of water and also had coffee each day.  By the way, I never drink diet soda.  I used to, but have been told that it is a gateway drug toward sweets, in that the sweeteners cause your pallete to want more sweets and also that the carbonation artifically expands your stomach, making you "feel" more hungry than you really are.   Also, I almost never drink alcohol anymore.  If I do (1x per month?), it might be vodka on the rocks.  Maybe a margarita as a reward sometime soon!

Exercise:
Monday:  Did my first 5K in about 45 minutes (mostly walking)
Tuesday:  30 minutes of stepping
Wednesday:   Did a 5K in my hood in exactly 44:39 exactly. 
Thursday: nothing
Friday:  getting sick
Saturday:  sick
Sunday:  sick

Confessional: NOTHING TO REPORT THIS WEEK!   No major indulging, but did have some birthday dessert, etc....I just ate light around it.

Weight Loss Highlight of the Week:   My weight over the past 26 years has steadily increased each year.   In fact, I still have every suit I have owned since high school.   Judging by what fits in my closet, I now weigh what I did in 1998.  My closet has become a time machine. 

My Goals for this Week:
• Continue to pursue goal of 280 weight by June 20 for Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!
• Cardio at least 5 times this week C25K (3x). Hill Climb (2x).
• Walk/Run in my first 5K race on Saturday with two of my kids.
Make it a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

15 comments:

~HoneyB~ said...

Great job on the 4 lbs Clyde!!!! Very cool on the registering with the kids :) I love that you can reach back in time and put on one of those suits and see where your at :) Keep up the good work, you as always, are such a big inspiration to me :)

Patrick said...

Clyde, 36 pounds in three months, that is a great accomplishment. Having all of those old suits is neat and sitting back into them one by one as you make progress - now that is cool.

Sharon said...

Awesome! You're doing great. I want to see a fashion show for the closet time machine :)

RockStarTri said...

My closet was a time machine too. Once you get too small for something, donate it away.

Hope you are feeling better.

CinciMom11 said...

Great week! Congrats on the big loss. :) Your exercise started out great. I'm sorry you got sick. It sounds like you're feeling better,at least. I am so excited to hear how your 5k goes! Keep us updated on your c25k progress. That iTouch is yours. Keep running and biking and lifting and counting!! :)

Twice the Man said...

woo hoo!!!

Kimberley said...

Great loss. I had to laugh at "my closet has become a time machine." Very funny!

Hope you are feeling much better and that you rock this week!

Matty O said...

Results my friend!

Feels good to see those numbers posting again huh?

Stick with it and smart move on adding in different cardio. Mess with your body so you keep it guessing.

Stay strong this week!

midlife_swimmer said...

my closet no longer has anything too small for me... scary :)

fatty blogsticks said...

oh i so know what you mean about your closet being a time machine! so far i've travelled back one year, but i'm aiming for my wardrobe from 2002! it's better than botox, baby!

Alan said...

The comment about the closet time machine totally cracked me up...because I can relate. 4 pounds...awesome!

CactusFreek said...

Gee, you're a machine! :o)

Al (losingharry) said...

Keep up the great work!

Massive Marcus said...

Nice work buddy! You are averaging 12 pounds per month. That is some solid results Clyde!

GETTING STRONG NOW!!! LOL

MM

Jenn@slim-shoppin said...

I like how you said that your closet is like a time capsule! That's my closet too!! Clothes on the left is "some day I will fit into you again" clothes in the middle I can wear and clothes to the right too big. I think I need to get rid of the clothes in the right, I don't want to go back!

Good luck on your upcoming event!