Friday, June 25, 2010

Hot Clyde in the City

Three things:

1.  Okay, now I'm a bit obsessed about how freaking hot it is here in the desert.  My second and last thermostat pic.  Yes, it reads 115 degrees Farenheit, today in PHX at about 3:30pm.  This is why we live in Tucson where it is a reasonable 111 degrees.  That is tolerable, but who can reasonably deal with 115 ?!?!  (I'll stop now)...

2.  I will weigh in tomorrow, good or bad and re-set.  I haven't worked out since last weekend and am ready to get back to a walking, running, riding schedule this weekend.  If I haven't phrased it very well, I am excited about getting re-focused on some weight loss and activity goals.  My trip was great, I am no longer sick and I have no other issues that might derail me on the horizon.  The "challenge" resumes tomorrow, once I see where I am. 

3.   And just for a trip down memory lane (1978, the summer between my 6th and 7th grades), Enjoy.






7 comments:

Alan said...

Seriously, do you have a plan for dealing with your environment and its effect on exercise? I definitely need a plan - my exercise goes down when it rains, and you know where I live. Doh!

Big Clyde said...

Alan, yes I do have a plan (sort of). Though I grew up in Seattle (and the coast), I really love it in the desert. The days are tough, but it does feel nice in the heat. The cycling is hard, but I am curious to see how the running goes. Also, I think I'll do more at night, than early morning, but we'll see.

Al (losingharry) said...

Clyde...go sit out in that heat. It will probably sweat a few pounds off you.

Massive Marcus said...

I think you should sit out there with a bottle of hot sauce to quench your thirst.

when it's minus 25 here I have to eat my water.

Patrick said...

Man that heat is brutal. A few years ago I was in Las Vegas when it was 116F out and may that sucked. I weightover 310 pounds and was not even thinking about getting healthy. We walked from one end of the strip to the other in that crap and while I didnt hit a scale had I done a before and after to that walk I bet I lost 5 pounds minimum. Hmm, may be I whould move to Vegas?

Neighbor Ted said...

I always thought a chick sang that song.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

This is the time I DO NOT miss Arizona