Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Long Monday Walk

In Tucson, there is a cool Monday night event, where approx 600 people gather downtown to walk/run 3-5 miles together.  I wrote about it here.   Well, tonight I wanted to do that again tonight as a fun way of getting back into walking/running after about a 10 day absence.  So, I called my friend Crazy Jim to see if he wanted to join me.  He is always up for anything, so he said yes.

But as I drove to his house, I started thinking that it is a long commute downtown for the event...and parking is a hassle...and Crazy Jim wouldn't be running, so it would be a short walk.

So, instead, we decided to walk my normal "short river loop" that we normally cycle (2-3 loops).  I always clocked it as 6.5 miles.  Tonight, we walked it (hoping it would rain on us, to give us some relief from the heat).   According to a closer check of the satellite/mileage app on CJ's phone, it clocked in as 7.24 miles!   For this Clyde, that is some burnage of about 1,500 calories.  Nice way to get back into it, right?

Yes, it took us awhile, because Crazy Jim can't really run (yet!)...and we stopped for a quick break to get some street tacos.  But we agreed to do this walk at least once a week (likely Monday nights).  Good times.
(Pics of Captain Morgan and his replacement, Crazy Jim...on the trail!)

Have a great week, everyone!  Keep Moving!

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Matty O said...

RIGHT ON!

Keep making those goals setting the bar high and do your best to hit them!

Great job man!

Cody the Clydesdale said...

you are on your way my friend!

midlife_swimmer said...

good deal! I have a girlfriend I walk with a lot of Sunday mornings and if not I stroll with my husband to brunch :) a mile or so away sometimes down to our riverfront.

Christine said...

Sounds like a nice Monday! Keep moving Clyde!

Al (losingharry) said...

Sounds like a great time, Clyde.

The weather here took a turn for the cooler. I am definitely getting a walk in tonight!

Lindsay said...

So fun!!! I love street tacos yummy :)

Patrick said...

LOL, Crazy Jim doing the Captain Morgan. This is a great idea to ensure son fun movement. Keep moving indeed!

Caratunk Girl said...

Ha, I love the Captain Morgan pic! Keep moving, I walk everyday - with my dog though - it is nice to move without actually treating it like training.