Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge - Someone's not happy.

Well, Mrs. Clyde (my lovely wife) just returned from a mission trip and we are once again all under one roof.  Since she is not a frequent reader of this blog (after all, she lives it), she was unaware that I had unilaterally postponed her challenge for me to get to 280 pounds (my reward for this would be an iTouch). 

Yes, she had agreed to give me an extension, but I was the one who decided to push it off to September.   I think she felt like the one getting pushed.

You see, she married a much smaller guy (me), almost 20 years ago.  As I have matured over these past 20 years, I have...um, grown (especially around the middle).  I think that she really wants to see me continue to hustle and not slow down my weight loss pace.  I am getting healthier and settling in at my current weight will NOT be the end of this story.  Time to get back in gear.

So, within the next few days, I will have a weigh-in and leave it to her to decide how much and by when we will complete this challenge.  Stay tuned, my friends.

Big Clyde

10 comments:

Matty O said...

OH MAN! Mrs. Clyde show mercy on our buddy :)

Keep pushing through BC the lower 200's are within sight!

Al (losingharry) said...

Busted!!! It will come in time, Clyde. Tis better to have a happy wife than an iPod touch...I think.

Kovas Palubinskas said...

How great to have her push you - my wife is WAY too lax with me, probably the main reason why I don't just buckle down and eat right.

Patrick said...

That would be a good wife you have there. Inspiration from her in the form of electronics - gotta pay her back with results man.

Dani @ WRW said...

Oh, I so need to get The Mr. on the same wavelength. My inner tech geek would love to be rewarded with trendy electronics!

Best of luck with that weigh in. May Mrs. Clyde show mercy on your soul! /dirge

Kimberley said...

Two thumbs up to Mrs. Clyde!

Katie J said...

A standing ovation for Mrs. Clyde! No mercy!

Bookgirl95 said...

Nice one Dad. :)

Caratunk Girl said...

That is awesome that Mrs. Clyde is pushing you! Good luck.

Christina said...

Interesting. If a husband were being so hard on his wife about her weight, I think there'd be trouble brewing!! I know this challenge is fun, but don't forget that a slower rate of weight loss is healthier. The slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay gone. Is your focus on weight or on health? Keep truckin', Clyde! You're doing great. :)