So, let's all lace up and share our Top 5 Sports Movies.
Here's my list:
- Miracle - I'm not into hockey (although I once spent 4 days fishing with Olaf Kolzig, "Olie the Goalie"), but this was a great story about some regular guys who made good.
- Rudy - I love the underdog stories and this was a great movie about a guy who was all heart (although we had business dealings with him a few years ago in Vegas and he was an egotistical jerk)...but a great movie!
- Rocky - another classic underdog story (both the character and Sly's story of getting the movie made in the first place).
- Saint Ralph - yes, I just saw it, but it was great. Beautifully shot, quirky with a nice spiritual message about a longshot kid running the Boston Marathon for the most noble cause of all. The main character was loaded with heart (in the body of a "self-abusing", delinquent Catholic schoolboy). Check it out.
- The Big Lebowski - True, not as many bowling scenes as some would like, but The Dude, Walter and Donny were "throwing rocks" in numerous scenes. (And I believe that Smokey was over the line!!!). This is absolutely my favorite movie of all time (eventhough there are some racy elements in it).
What are your Top 5 Sports Movies?