Monday, June 14, 2010

Weigh In - Week 15

This won't actually be a weigh-in after all, because I am still in Seattle visiting family.  I have been pretty diligent about my nutrition, except for yesterday's big party at a great restaurant and a dinner last night with friends.  

My parents have a scale, but I'm not going to use it, because there is likely a slight variation and I'd rather not get distracted by a good or bad number.   I'm just going to keep doing my best to eat well and move while on vacation.  So, no results for today's non-weigh-in.
Also, I went for a long walk Saturday morning, then about 2 1/2 hours on the beach with my boys.  Finally, I finished the day with a great run:  3.37 miles in 43:33 minutes!  I followed my friend Cinci's advice, with a longer warm-up and then a slower running pace.  That allowed me to run much longer.  After a 7 minute walk warm-up, I ran the entire distance, with only three 1-minute walking breaks.  This is a big deal for me (and I am feeling a good kind of sore from it!).


Make it a good week everyone!


Big Clyde

8 comments:

Christina said...

Haha, I like that the weigh-in post has no weigh-in results.

Wow, you are doing grrreat staying on track with the exercise. I'm glad my tip helped, and I'm flattered to be mentioned on here. :) You're becoming a beastly runner. I'm doing an outdoor run tomorrow. Are you pretty good at finding a good pace and sticking with it?

Kick butt!!

Christina said...

P.S. - Christina or Cinci - either one works for me. :) I'm thinking about scheduling a 10k for next month. It's going to be sooo hot, but finding a 10k around here is hard, so I'll take what I can get. The next 10k I could find is scheduled for the day of my half marathon!! Yikes.

Matty O said...

GREAT JOB! These are huge milestones for you!

I hope that you push through even if you have a bad day because I promise you that it can only get easier the more you do it.

I'm hoping for a big number this week!

Patrick said...

Like you next weekend I will be out of town for my usual weigh in on Sunday. But I will be home Monday so I guess I just haave to move it out one day. Vacations are rough, keep making good choices!

Dani @ WRW said...

Love how focused you are! So much intentional movement. =) Keep up the great work!

Kimberley said...

Great work on getting the exercise in while you are away.

Alan said...

Clyde, with this weather, we all run 3 miles in no time flat, just because! (I live in Seattle, as you know, and it just FINALLY got nice).

Seriously, great job. My exercise of choice is the bike, and I'm amazed how important early pace is to how I feel on the second half of the ride.

360lbsman said...

I'm so glad to see that you're doing great Clyde! Awesome job on the running!