Friday, July 16, 2010

2XL

I went to Sports Authority last weekend to get some running shorts (the kind with the little "manties" inside).   It's not like I am running great distances yet, but I have been out enough over the past two months to know that running in tighty-whiteys is not a great idea (unless you are being chased by something!).
I have never had running shorts before, because I haven't seen them in regular stores in my 3XL size.   Most stores max out at 2XL.

But that is my size now!  All season, I have been wearing casual shorts that have been really baggy, cinching them up with my shrinking belt notches.  But for these new running shorts, I fit perfectly into a 2XL.

There were some running shirts nearby that were also 2XL...and they fit perfectly!  I feel awesome in this new running outfit.  I look like some of you jock tri-bloggers out there.  The shirt has no sleeves, which should make running more comfortable.  Guess it's time to work on the guns!

Just another little milestone for this Clydesdale Project.

Keep moving everyone.

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Tricia said...

whooohoooo :)

Debby said...

Oh ya, the gunshow! Love that flick.....

WTG!

Matty O said...

Awesome milestones! That is the best feeling in the world. I know when I went down in pants size I was elated for days. Even going out to buy a new belt was serious happiness.

Good job and these improvements are proof its working, its not all about the numbers :)

TJ said...

Buying smaller clothes is a great Non Scale Victory! WHOOHOO! Congrats! :)

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Awesome milestone to reach! So great to hit a goal and you get to buy new gear, sweet bonus.

Patrick said...

Clyde - that is a HUGE NSV !! Great stuff moving to a size smaller in clothes.

spunkysuzi said...

It's a great feeling to go down a size!! Good for you and i'll bet your looking pretty sweet too :)

Alan said...

Congrats Clyde. I am enjoying every piece of 2XL clothing that now fit!