Monday, July 19, 2010

Dude's Week

My wife and two of my kids left this morning on a week-long trip to a church camp.   They will love it and my youngest son and I are going to make the most of this time together.

The upside for me and Cuppa Joe (the now running 9-year-old) is that we have a "Dude's Week" ahead of us...time for me to spend with my boy and let him know how special he is to me.  Last week, Cuppa Joe and I walked/ran our 5k in 49 minutes.  Monday night, we will do the 5k event downtown called Meet Me At Maynards.  We intend to do some form of workout nearly every night this week.  We'll see how it goes.

Make it a great week, everyone!

Big Clyde

14 comments:

Massive Marcus said...

Nice father and son bonding experience.

Allan said...

Sounds fantastic, and something he will remember forever...

Luke said...

SOunds like the makings of a nice week.

Patrick said...

Great job planning ahead to intend to workout nearly every night this week. I share the same goal for the week here.

Miss S. said...

Dude week sounds awesome! It's great that you're spending quality time with your son, clearly exercise isn't just good for the body. =D

spunkysuzi said...

Good luck to you and Cuppa Joe on your 5k this week! Have fun

Christine said...

Do I hear laser tag, paintball, batting cages, mini-putting, bumper-cars, bike riding, zip-lining, and bowling in your near future?! :-)

Kim Ayres said...

There are few things more special for a kind than to spend some quality time alone with his dad. Hope you have a great time :)

Kimberley said...

"Dude's Week" sounds like a really special time. Have a great time with Cuppa Joe!

I certainly did enjoy The Big Lebowski! A real thigh slapper...I love comedy!

Syl said...

sounds like a great time to share together and make memories, enjoy!

Alan said...

Awesome. I'm building a ping pong table with my two young men this week. Could have bought one, but this is way better.

Kyle Gershman said...

I'm sure this week will remain in your memories for years to come...enjoy!

Caratunk Girl said...

Ha. Love "Dude's week". Enjoy!

Tricia said...

have fun!