Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Update

The family and I just returned from three days at a resort that had a lazy-river pool that allows you to float along in inner tubes in a big, winding circle.  We played, swam, threw the ball around, had some s'mores, rode down the water slide (all of us!), my daughter won the hula hoop contest and we unplugged for three days.  It was great.  I ate pretty well and didn't gain or lose weight during the trip. 

When we got home last night, Crazy Jim and I did our second Monday Night Walk.  Last week, we went 7+ miles.  Last night, we went 5.5 miles.  Given that he doesn't have the right shoes (or knees) for jogging, we will be walking at least once a week and the distance is good enough to burn about 700  calories.

This morning, I ate well and logged my food choice in to Sparkpeople.com.  I will be diligent with this during the week and I think it will help me to stay focused.  I have no races ahead of me until September, so this will be the time for me to get in some training for the 5K's and cycling races in the fall.  I intend to run at least 3x by next Monday and bike at least once.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for your good comments and advice on my last couple of posts.  Much appreciated.

Keep moving, everyone!

Big Clyde

10 comments:

Matty O said...

Interesting that you have been pretty diligent this past month, even pretty steady on the workout front and can only post a 1 pound loss?

Do your best to stay consistent. I think that is the one thing that may not be allowing the steady weight loss with you.

Hang in there, its been a long journey so far!

Big Clyde said...

I think you are right, Matty. This should be a better week. Thanks for watching out.

Caratunk Girl said...

You are doing awesome - continue the good (hard) work and you will show a bigger loss next time I am sure. I am really bad at consistency, so am struggling with it myself. Writing stuff down has helped me a ton.

Love the picture in my mind of your description of floating down the lazy river!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Lazy rivers rock.

TJ said...

Behind on blogs...your vacation sounds FUN! I like the lazy river thing- my kinda relaxing! :) Good job on maintaining over the holiday!

Kimberley said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Here is a link to some coconut oil information:

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

For me, it has improved my hair and skin, I am silky smooth all over. It is great for bodily functions (i.e. no more constipation TMI, I know), I feel like I have a lot more energy! It just makes me feel good.

I usually have it in my homemade cocoa at night. I also cook with it, roast vegetables in it, my BF just mixes it in with brown rice and eats it like that. We love it!

You do have to be careful not to try too much at first. Your body has to get used to it. I started with one spoonful and now have three a day. Yum!!!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Wonderful job on the walking - I'm so impressed by how far you go!I think recording your food intake is very smart - it really will help you stay accountable and focused!

Sean Anderson said...

Very nice job my friend. You're absolutely rocking this thing, and I couldn't be happier for you!!!
Thank you for the wonderful words you left on my blog, I sincerely appreciate your opinion, I do...

my best always,
Sean

Al (losingharry) said...

Sounds like a great time Clyde. Good job on the eating. Vacation tends to give us an excuse to fall off the wagon.

Susietri said...

" time for me to get in some training for the 5K's and cycling races in the fall"

just sit for a minute and think about the fact that you are now someone who says things like that - WOW!