Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weigh-In Week 20 and The Unnecessary Bike Purchase

Weight Change:  Lost 1 pound!

Total Loss since 3/1/10:  36 pounds (my lowest since I started this project!).

Today, I'm feeling:  Happy with my loss, despite a tough week.

Here's what happened last week:
I worked out only twice and had a long work week with excessive hours.  My eating was great, despite the strain of the work and the travel.  This coming week will be much better due to workload, family schedule, etc.

My Goals for this Week:
• Continue to pursue goal of 275 weight by September 6th for Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!
• Short-term goal is to be at 285 by 7/31...four pounds in two weeks should be easy, if I stay focused.
• Cardio will be walking/running/cycling for at least 5 days this week.
• Maintain about 1,700 daily calories of good healthy food.

After reaching a semi-agreement from Mrs. Clyde, I went back to the pawn shop this morning, to purchase the bike that I posted about yesterday.   But it was gone...someone bought it yesterday after I'd been there.  Whoever got it must be happy now.  A great bike at a great price. (On a side note, my friend, GuinneMick,  knows nothing about bikes, but kept calling this a "pedophile-bike" or a "Pee-Wee Herman" bike.)  He just doesn't get it.

I am bummed because this was going to be my "fun" bike...my cool bike that looked vintage and retro, but rode beautifully.  This bike caused me to do some research and learn about Electra Bikes.  I was going to (kinda) fix it up, very much clean it up, and love it.  All for $75 (with upgrades soon to follow).  In a strange and obsessive way, I feel like someone stole "my" bike.  
I LOVE that you guys jumped in and gave me your feedback about the bike.   Thanks for helping me out with great feedback and advice.  Someday, I'll find another fun project bike.  For now, I'll get back to focusing on my goals and enjoying my normal bike.

Keep moving, everyone!

Big Clyde

9 comments:

Alan said...

Bummer about the bike. ("semi-agreement" - I love it!)

But that's great about losing weight during a long work week. I know how that challenge feels and any victory is to be celebrated!

Kimberley said...

Woohooooo on the loss! It is sure hard to stay on track when you are working all the time, but you did it. Great job!

Sorry about the bike...it was just not meant to be. However if you see someone riding around town on it offer them $100 and see what happens???

TJ said...

oh noooo! :( I was hoping to come back to see that you had gotten it! I'm sorry! Keep your eyes open maybe it's twin or cousin is out there somewhere for ya!

PS I am a HUGE Pee Wee Herman fan....and Just love that clip! HAHA! :)

64 CLASSIC said...

Blog surfing tonight--have been on yours several times lately. Keep up the hard work with the fitness. Sounds like it is paying off.

Too bad the bike thing didn't work out. The Pee Wee Video is great though.

Hang in there.

Luke said...

sorry about the bike but great job with the weight loss.

Christina said...

Oh, no!! Bummer about the bike. :( Nice job reaching a new low, my friend! I'm proud of you for sticking to your eating plan during a tough week. Have a great week, Clyde!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

congrats on the weight loss. I am a big bargain shopper and I would have been so sad if that bike had been gone. So sorry.

guinnemike said...

What do you mean, I don't know what I am talking about???? That bike is a Pee Wee Herman bike, and yes, you riding it, might make people wonder who the pedophile is the Pee Wee Herman bike.. Just kidding bro, love ya.. You look real good, keep up the hard work. I told you, you should have bought the bike right then.. It's always better to ask for forgiveness than for permission..

Big Clyde said...

GuinneMick, I have stayed happily married for almost 20 years by dancing on that line of asking forgiveness vs. permission. The next bike in this family really should be her's. I got the last new one...this would have made two!

Did you ever buy your soda from your Circle K Sweetie?