Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weigh in - Week 22: The Clyde, The Bad and The Ugly

Weight Change in the past two weeks:  Gained 2 pounds!

Total Loss since 3/1/10: 34 pounds
Today, I'm feeling:  Exhausted.  Looking forward to getting some sleep and exercise this weekend.

Here's what happened last week:
Worked probably 70 hours this past week, which is very unusual.  I rode my bike just a few times to turn some pedals, but only went a few miles at a time.  Also, Mrs. Clyde is going through this very stressful time, so we are staying close and talking a lot to work through it.  She absolutely would not want her situation to by a de-motivator for me, yet her well-being is much more important to me than exercising.

Highlight of the Week:  (crickets chirping)

Food:  Food has been moderate...probably about 2,100 calories per day.  I've been mostly sticking to my normal low-cal foods, with occasional deviations, but nothing extreme.

Liquids:  Not much water lately.

Exercise:  Cruised the neighborhood on my bike a few times.  It really doesn't count as cardio, but each time, I was reminded how much I like being on the bike.

My Goals for this Week:
  • Get back on my plan!
  • Continue to pursue goal of 275 weight by September 6th for Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!
  • Next short-term goal is to be at 288 by 8/7.
  • Cardio will be walking/running/cycling for at least 5 days this week.
  • Maintain about 1,700 daily calories of good healthy food.

Question:  Is the iTouchallenge still achievable?  16 pounds in 37 days?

15 comments:

Alan said...

It's never straight down. Your calories, while above your target, aren't bad. You're so close! Take the long view. The weight will come off.

Can I write about my high school track coach now? ;-) (ha ha, kinda broke the rules yesterday)

Patrick said...

Sixteen pounds in 7 weeks, a bit more than 2 pounds a week, yes it is doable. But there is not much room for slips to be honest... you have to commit just a bit deeper to get it. You up for that? How can we help??

TJ said...

Sometimes there are bumps in the road- ya gotta move forward...keep on pedaling! :)

Kyle Gershman said...

Doable or not...you should go for it with gusto. After all, in Biggest Loser fashion, 16 pounds is nothing when they are all out focused.

spunkysuzi said...

We all have weeks where we don't give as much effort as we know we can do! However, when we recognize what we have done, we can get back down to business and i have no doubt that next week will be a nice loss for you :)

Allan said...

Love everything except, your reference photos are for a dead Giant...Maybe an update will help with the pounds...

KJ said...

Go for it, Clyde! You can do it!

Big Clyde said...

Allan, I like Andre the Giant. Yes, He suffered from a medical condition that made him a giant and yes, he passed away. He is the face of this blog because I thought pictures of him were more interesting or funny than pictures of me. People have commented on the blog that they like the pics, so I'm going to keep him.

The point of this pic is that he has an ipod in his pocket, which is interesting because he died 8 years before it was invented. Get it?

Raegun said...

Take advantage of the weekend to get recharged and ready to rock your challenge. I think 2 pounds a week is going to be difficult, but achievable. You know what they say: shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!
Rae

Kimberley said...

Big Clyde, I think you can do it, but you shouldn't be disappointed if you don't.

Hope things turn around for Mrs. Clyde very soon. Give her a big hug from me.

Allan said...

I love the Giant. Saw many matched at Madison Square Garden back in the 70's All good..

Big Clyde said...

Cool, Allan. Andre seems to be a bit of a tragic guy in my book, so I guess I can get a bit protective of him. Thanks for dropping back in!

Simply Bike said...

Hey Clyde,

thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice words about it. I checked out your site and am so impressed by what you are doing! Good work so far and keep it up. And I hope Mrs. Clyde feels better soon!

S.

Christina said...

Have you lost weight since last week? It sounds like life is tough right now. That's great you got out on your bike a few times! Don't stress about focusing elsewhere (work, Mrs. Clyde's issue) for a while. Hang tough, Clyde!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

You are doing so great - don't let a little bump get you down. Stay focused and strong.