Wednesday, August 18, 2010

18 Days Left

I weighed this morning and it is not good.  A few days of eating casually and no exercise (and almost no water) has caused me to gain. 

But it was only Saturday when I was celebrating an all-time low and feeling a sense of discipline, so I am not going to emotionally fall in to some hole right now.  I think exercise and good nutrition and lots of water will get me back, though Saturday's weigh-in might not give me much to celebrate. 

So, rather than focusing on the "long road ahead" etc., I'll just do my best for today (and tomorrow) and the results will follow.  I guess I am thinking of two goals: 
  1. Make great choices today
  2. Focus on my mid-term goal of Labor Day
Thanks for sticking with me.

Big Clyde

17 comments:

Allan said...

Sh#$t happens, and today is a new day !!!
Keep the faith

Matty O said...

Keep it simple, follow the plan.

Keep the cardio up. Thats it :)

Lucas said...

Slow and steady wins the race Clyde.

TJ said...

I know this journey can have some bumps along the road, just buckle up and hang on! :) Setting short, do-able goals is a great idea! :)

Scuttleboose said...

I completely understand where you are at right now! Just take a breath and re-focus. We're all here to kick your butt if that doesn't work! :) I like the short term goals!

Happy Fun Pants said...

I'm starting to realize the power of the "One Day At A Time" mentality...

spunkysuzi said...

Just take it one hour at a time! You can do it!!

Fat Daddy said...

Back on the horse Clyde. It's not falling off that is the key . It is getting back on

Luke said...

Make those great choices and you should recover after a few days.

Madame Cur said...

Your mind is the right place to overcome such a small set-back.

Yvonne said...

You can do this! You are looking great; I was checking you out on Sunday, not just your clean/dirty hands!! :)I bet you are back on your horse today!

Debbie said...

I agree with Allan stuff happens. Just focus on a new day and keep going..

Ann said...

"Make great choices today." Simply stated and beautifully put. That is something we could all live by. Thanks for the reminder! Well done ...

Raegun said...

Hang in there! You can't change the past, you don't know what will come tomorrow...all you can do is make the right choice for NOW.
Rae
xo

Patrick Mahoney said...

don't trip out too much, it's a journey. And you know what you need to do, you wrote it in your post. You'll be more than fine.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Have you considered giving yourself permission to go back to 1700 calories? You seemed to be losing at that level.

Charlie Hills said...

Maybe you need to hop on the train! I'm trying to start one this week, based on my theory that there's strength in numbers. :)