Wednesday, August 11, 2010

26 Days Left in Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge

Hi everyone!  I am still doing fine, although I did not workout yesterday or today...long days with commutes to PHX and back (about two hours each way)...tends to take the steam out of my schedule. 

I have a light day tomorrow, so I should get some good road work in then (running or cycling).  Going for 285 or lower this Saturday.  Thanks for the constant encouragement. 

Here's a quick heads up on some upcoming posts:
1.  GuinneMick will show us what happened when he tried to wax his own chest (with pics!).  He may eventually look okay...when the bleeding stops.  (You have been forewarned.)
2.  Neighbor Ted and I spoke tonight.  You might recall that I had to lower him in the "ranking of my friends" when he chose to move to the other side of the country.  Well, he is going to write a guest post here about his plans to be healthier at age 42 than he was at 24.  I'm intrigued, given that he has a bad leg right now and can't jog or ride a bike.  Should be interesting.

I hope that all of you are doing well, as you pursue your goals. 

Keep moving everyone!

Big Clyde

P.S.  Can anyone suggest a good widget that I can use for the countdown of my challenge event?

11 comments:

Caratunk Girl said...

You can do it Clyde! I haven't found a countdown widget that I have liked.

Debby said...

On the sideline cheering for 285. Rah rah rah! Clyde Clyde he's our man! Wow, that was my inner cheerleader I guess!

Scuttleboose said...

Good luck with your weigh-in! :)

Raegun said...

Sounds like you're doing well! I can't wait to read your guest posts. The one about being healthier at 42 than 24 is particularly interesting and reminds me of a post I made at my own blog today.
I am seriously dreading my weigh-in this week, Clyde. I've had a pretty decent week but I definitely haven't been going the extra mile. Wish me luck!
Rae

Patrick said...

Clyde, have you looked at TickerFactory.com for the widget you are looking for?

Kovas Palubinskas said...

I use http://mycountdown.org - very simple.

Christina said...

Good luck with Saturday's weigh-in! How has your eating been? Not exercising is not a death sentence for your weight so long as your eating reflects your lack of exercise. You seem to do well with the eating aspect, so I bet we'll all be pleased on Saturday. :)

Luke said...

good lluck with the weight in. I have a countdown on my page, but I don' really like the widget site I got it from.

Fat Daddy said...

Okay I will not be much of a hot cheerleader type, but I'm pulling for that 285, Clyde. Good luck.

I'm surprised you're not losing weight just from the heat alone in PHX. And don't give me that dry heat business either.

Kimberley said...

http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/countdown-clock This is what I used for my birthday countdown.

I can't wait to read about your weigh in!!!

guinnemick said...

I didn't try to wax it, I actually completed the task.. I think I look damn sexy..lol..