Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coffee Artist - Karen Eland (and 28 Days Left)

Okay, let's take care of some business first!  There are a few of us on this journey right now to hit a short-term goal by Labor Day, 9/6/10!  Here's the list of people who have chimed in:
Al
ZeusMeatball
Rae
Dan (my local friend)

It is definitely more fun when we are all on this journey.  Any ideas as to how we want to check in?  My weekly weigh-ins are on Saturday.  Does that work for everyone else to drop in with a comment that states your progress toward your goal?  Anyone else want in?

As for me, I am loving this.  I got to 287 on Saturday, which is lower than I have been since I started The Clydesdale Project and the lowest I have been in about 8-9 years.  Your encouragement has helped me get to this milestone and I am going to just keep going into new record-breaking territory now.

I celebrated Saturday with low calories during the day, an intense 9-mile bike ride, and then a decent amount of Indian food, which is a rare treat for me.  I know that I went over calories on that meal, but that is why I kept it light during the day and kept it light on Sunday too.

Now, for some fun!  I stumbled upon the artwork of Karen Eland.  Her work is amazing in its detail and tone, but also for one other small reason:  she uses espresso as paint.  Let me explain that better:  She doesn't use paint...she only uses brewed coffee as her "color" and likely mixes in water or cream, etc. to get different shades.  As you might suspect, my favorite piece of hers is one that combines coffee, cycling and a vintage look.  Behold.
Karen was kind enough to give me permission to show her artwork here, but I encourage you to go to her site and see her other work.  It is amazing (and for sale at very reasonable prices!).  I am sure she would love to her what you think of her work!  http://coffee-art.com/

Have a great day everyone!

Big Clyde

11 comments:

Patrick said...

I do believe weighing in at the lowest you have been in about 8-9 years is great cause for celebration. The fact that you are loving it, well, that calls for even more kudos as that is the stuff that will see you do this forever more.

Patrick said...

Oh... On my blog I have an award for you, you are A Blog With Substance:
http://responsibility199.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-114-blog-with-substance.html

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Lowest in 8 or 9 years. That's fantastic! Just think, if you hadn't started TCP, you'd probably be *above* your highest ever weight.

Painting with espresso? Wow.

Scuttleboose said...

Great celebration for losing weight! :) I am on a personal mission to keep losing (no gains!) before my trip to Spain on Sept 1, so you can kinda count me in.

I love the look of Karen´s work and am heading over to her site right now! Thanks for sharing.

Raegun said...

Congratulations on reaching your lowest weight in almost a decade. Wow - that is definitely an accomplishment. I think you celebrated in a very responsible way. There is so much more to come....!
Rae

Tricia said...

yippeee on your weigh in. good luck to everyone in this challenge!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Congrats on your recent PR (287)! The coffee art is very cool thanks for sharing.

Tigerlilly said...

Fantastic weigh in!! Remember how good you feel right now and bottle it up...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I look forward to following your progress as well.

(ps.. I am from Tucson, AZ.. but now live in Charlotte, NC. I miss it!)

Kimberley said...

Congratulations on the weight!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful artwork. I just shared the link to the site with a coffee loving blogger.

Thanks for the supportive comment re: ebb and flow. You rock Big Clyde!

Fat Daddy said...

Man BC that is awesome! Cause for celebration for sure. It feels so good to turn back the clock.

Barbara said...

Congrats on your weight loss and on your recent 5K PR! That art is amazing, thanks for sharing!