Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hitting My Driver's License Weight!

Okay, let's be honest.  Pull out your driver's license and look at the posted weight.  How many of us tend to lie about that number when we are getting our licenses renewed?  I confess I do.  It might even be a crime.

But not any more!  As of today, I officially hit the driver's license weight that I have shown for the past 5 years (and I lied about it), yet I am also at my lowest weight since approx 2001.  If I can find my earlier expired licenses, it will be fun to see how quickly I can hit them (given that I have just slowly, but steadily gained in the past 20 years).

Feeling good about tomorrow's weigh-in.  I have been eating well and after doing some wrenching on my bike last night, I did a short ride.   I'll go for a good run or bike ride tonight as well.  Tonight, I may try for a longer distance and less focus on speed.  I wonder if that will help me with some endurance. 

Also, once the iTouchallenge is over, I think I will do a brief fashion show on the site.  I will once again be using my closet as a time machine.  It might only be amusing to me, but someone might get a kick out of it.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Big Clyde

P.S.  Thanks, Kovas, for the help with the countdown widget.  It is exactly what I needed.

16 comments:

Miss S. said...

Can't wait to see you strut your stuff on the Catwalk!

Katy said...

That's so awesome about hitting your DL weight! I'm still a good 40 lbs away haha.

Christina said...

Oh, I can't wait for the fashion show!!!

Congrats on reaching your license weight! I was eight months pregnant and 285 pounds when I renewed my license on my 21st birthday. My license says I weigh 160 pounds (I really did weigh 160 when I got my license at 16). The nice lady said I could leave my weight the same since I was pregnant. Nice!!

Enjoy your exercise tonight. At this point, do you prefer cycling or running?

midlife_swimmer said...

any 80's retro stuff would be loved and laughed at in your fashion show!

William Hanson said...

Good luck with the weigh in...

spunkysuzi said...

You are going to be such a fashion diva!!

Patrick Mahoney said...

Bravo. Now let's see some leg.

Kimberley said...

Our driver's licenses don't include weight! But I did have to put it down recently when I got my new passport. I looked all over it though and it doesn't say it anywhere...not sure if they just keep that in the computer in case some really thin lady finds my passport and tries to pretend she is me.

A fashion show? With real pictures of you? I might be wrong, but I don't think I have ever seen you.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

LOL on the license idea! The funny (or not so funny) thing is, I'm in almost exactly the same place. I'm 2 pounds above the DL listed weight...and down 29 on my current plan and 9 more from my all-time high, which was about when I renewed.

Why do they need our weight on our license anyway?

Moving Mertle said...

Neither my drivers license or passport have a weight on it. If I had to write it down today I'd be about 10lbs away. If it was the weight I'd write down when I got my license, I'm about 30lb away!!! Congrats to you! That's amazing. So what's your new license weight going to be haha just kidding!

Also where'd you get your countdown-er? The one I found has a pop up ad :(

Matty O said...

WOW! I don't think I will even see my body weight on my license again hahaha. Keep up the good work man, I think you doing great!

Raegun said...

Another resident of Ontario here who is thankful our licences don't include weight!
I can't wait to see the fashion time warp - woot!

Patrick said...

Ah, the DL Weight, that is an awesome NSV. I think my DL says 200 pounds, so when I reach my ultimate goal of 199, I can share this NSV with you.

Fat Daddy said...

Man that is awesome. That is a great milestone. For many years I had a weight on my license that was off by 50, 75 and even 100 pounds once. Right now I am 40 under mine, which is due for renewal in November. I can't wait for that.

Congrats BC!

CactusFreek said...

That IS awesome! We don't put our weight on our lisence in Australia, just our hight. I wouldn't have a problem saying my real weight though, unless it was a cute guy processing my paperwork lol

Happy Fun Pants said...

I'm late to the party on this one, but this is a HUGE goal of mine...

I haven't been my DL weight since I hit that weight while growing up.

Mine says 170. I haven't seen those numbers in that order EVER.

It motivates me :)