Saturday, August 14, 2010

Weigh In - Week 24: Milestone Goal Achieved

It's been a great week and I just want to thank all of you for sticking with me and encouraging me.  There is some magical combination between accountability and encouragement that somehow keeps me going and I really don't feel that I would be staying on track if it weren't for your comments, advice and challenges.  As of this morning, there are 91 followers of this blog.  I know that some of those people may have simply moved on and haven't "un-followed", but I also know that some people leave comments regularly that never show up in the "followers" section. 

If the number were 10 followers and I received encouraging and motivating comments, I'd be pleased, so it really isn't about the numbers for me, but I am so grateful for your comments.  Thank you.


PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU DID THIS WEEK ON YOUR GOALS TOWARD THE LABOR DAY CHALLENGE!


Weight Change: Lost 3 pounds!

Total Loss since 3/1/10: 40 pounds!  This is a milestone weight loss number for me.  To hit Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge, I will have to be at a 50 pound loss by Labor Day!  This may be a close one, my friends. 

Today, I'm feeling:  Strong!  Like last week, I am still feeling energetic and in that rare zone of wanting to exercise and eat well. 

Highlight of the Week:  I have a new personal record for my neighborhood 5K distance: 35:30!  On a later run, I was able to run my first two miles without stopping to walk.  This is a big change for me.  I'll go again tonight and see how it plays. 

Food: I am eating about 1,700 calories per day.  Someone asked me last week how I can only eat 1700 without starving.  If anyone wants more detail, please let me know, but it comes down to an egg white scramble with veggies in the morning, several portions of fruit or veggies during the day, a nice sandwich with meat and veggies (no cheese and vinegar dressing) and even small portions of cereal with milk.  Snacks usually are fruit or yogurt. 

Drink: I still drink lots of water, but also drink Lipton's Diet Green Tea, and venti Americanos (daily).  Once a week or so, I may have one vodka and cranberry juice.  70 calories per shot.

Exercise: Biked or ran nearly every day last week. Maybe I should combine it like the guy in the pic!
Saturday: Biked 9 miles at a fast pace for me
Monday: Ran 3.1 miles, then biked 4 miles
Tuesday: Walked/ran 3.1 miles (5k)
Wednesday:  A short neighborhood bike ride of 2 miles
Thursday:  Ran 3.1 miles (5k).   This was my first time running two miles in a row without stopping!
Friday:

Weekly bike miles: 15
Weekly run miles: 9.3

Confessional:  I'm going to remove this section from my weekly post because I have come to see that when I overeat, I do it only for one meal...or one snack, then I get back on plan quickly to compensate with lower calories.  So, if I do go over 1,700 calories on one day, I just go lighter the next.  I didn't always have that discipline and I am grateful for it now.  It became a habit.

My Goals for this Week:
• Continue to pursue goal of 275 weight by September 6th for Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!
• Short-term goal is to be at 281 by 8/21!
• Cardio will be walking/running/cycling for at least 5 days this week.
• Maintain about 1,700 daily calories of good healthy food.

Make it a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

14 comments:

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Clyde, congrats on 3 more pounds, the new PR time, and running two miles without walking. And as a resident of the cool Pacific NW, I am in awe you are getting in so much exercise in the summer heat of AZ!

Yes, I'd like to hear a little more about how you're making 1700 calories work for yourself. Mabye after the iTouchchallenge.

Patrick said...

New PR, awesome.
Dropping 3 pounds, awesome.
Hitting the 40 lb. milestone, awesome.

You are doing, well, awesome - that itouch, is just a little bit closer to having.

spunkysuzi said...

Congratulations all around!! You had a very fine week my friend :)

Kimberley said...

I have been waiting for this wonderful post! Congratulations on all your achievements this week! I am going to have post a lot tomorrow as I won't be in cyberspace for nine days!!!

Even though I won't be here to cheer you on, I will be thinking about you while I am away.

Go Big Clyde!!!

Raegun said...

Between the new PR, the loss and the milestone... you are having one incredible week. Congrats!

I lost 3 pounds this week as well and my first thought was "Wow - I'm pacing with Clyde in the challenge! AWESOME!!" I've been doing the walk/jog thing all week and have been surprised to see that I'm now covering about 5km per session. The trick is to get more running time and less walking time now. ;)

The iTouch WILL be yours....keep at it!

Rae

Scuttleboose said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) What a lot of great achievements this week!

RockStarTri said...

well done!

Michael McKisson said...

Good job! Keep at it and you'll make the goal and get the iTouch.

As a note, the rumors are that there is a new iPod Touch coming out very soon. Middle of September soon. So when you make your goal, don't go out and buy it right away. The new one should have a front and back camera and lots of other goodies.

Lastly, you might think about dropping your calories again. 1700 calories was your number when you were 40 pounds heavier, but now that you weigh less, you need less calories.

You said you were on SparkPeople and I am sure they have a calculator.

Debby said...

Well make it 92. I thought I was following you. Well, of course I am as you're in my google reader...but I meant...well anyway, make it 92!

Excellent freaking job. 3 pounds??? Fabulous. You're giving me inspiration.

All that exercise, healthy eating....hell I'd give you the itouch now!

Christina said...

Great numbers all around, my friend! Congrats on your PR! That's another thing I love about running: We are constantly improving and amazing ourselves. Two miles without stopping is HUGE. Do you smile when you run? Try smiling the next time you do something awesome like run two miles without stopping - it makes it so much better. :)

It was nice to hear more about your food and drink. 1700 isn't much! Are you thinking about dropping your intake more (read something about that in another comment)? I'm no expert, but I would advise against doing so. Fuel that body!

Patrick Mahoney said...

Fantastic, my friend. Milestones are huge! They keep you going, but I think you don't have too much trouble with at. Onwards and upwards!

Allan said...

Very nicely done !!!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Congratulations! What a great milestone for you!

Lesley Jones said...

Woo-hoo. Congrats. Big week for Big Clyde!