Friday, September 3, 2010

3 Days Left in Mrs. Clyde's iTouchallenge!

I walked to Subway for dinner last night with the kids, where we later met up with Mrs. Clyde, who had a late meeting.  Then, they drove home and I walked back.  Not long, but about two miles overall with a dinner of an apple and a 6" Sub for about 550 calories.

Today is Friday, which means that I will do another run tonight (and maybe a bike ride late this afternoon, depending on when I finish work).

3 Days left to get to 275 and I am avoiding the scale for now...just eating my low-cal food and exercising nearly every day.  If I get there, I am buying the new iPod Touch, which seems to be getting cooler every day.  It will basically combine my ipod nano with a computer.  Here's a picture of the latest iPod Touch model.


We have a surprise little trip for the kids this weekend and I've decided that I won't do the Monday morning race.  It takes place about 45 minutes away.  Packet pick-up begins at 5:15, so I'd be leaving the house around 4:30am.  It would be too early for all of them (and there are many other races ahead for me this fall).  So, instead I'll just do a virtual race on Labor Day morning and go for my fastest 5K time. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Big Clyde

15 comments:

Raegun said...

The countdown is on! Sounds like you're doing all the right things Clyde. Enjoy the long weekend.
Rae

Luke said...

virtual 5k for labor days sounds like a good idea. That would be a decent way to celebrate my state holiday.

Patrick Mahoney said...

I just saw an accessory last night at Best Buy for that new Ipod touch. It's a wagon with a tent on top of it. You put the Ipod in the tent and then attach the harness to the back of your fuel belt and drag it around.

Andrew Opala said...

Good choice Clyde!

Good luck on your virtual race!

spunkysuzi said...

Virtual races are a great idea! Have a great weekend.

Ann (-6.5 lbs in 60 lb challenge) said...

Good luck with your weekend, Clyde, enjoy! YOU CAN DO THIS!! So close ...

Kovas Palubinskas said...

You'll love your Ipod! Nice job.

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Only a few more days. Enjoy your virtual race!

Allan said...

I just figured out the ITouch challenge, and now it makes sense. I gave my wife a challenge. If she stays on my ass until April 1, 2011 and helps me on the diet, she gets a new 550SL Mercedes Benz convertible, She is in..

Big Clyde said...

Allan, if you are that generous, then I will also stay on your ass until 4/1/11 to get the new ride. I'd like it in blue, please.

Seriously, do you really need the nudging from your beautiful wife? You seem to have more determination than almost anyone I know.

Allan said...

I need anything I can get. It's a lease, Zero down, crazy monthly payments, and she doesn't really need my help to get one. As for you, do you really want to earn a prize doing the things my wife does for me and to me... Think again, it is no picnic..

Miss S. said...

You are going to do it. You got this!

Good plan for your 5k. So what if you run your own race? Should we make you some shirts? "Big Clyde's Virtual 5k" lol

Lucas said...

I LOVE that you walked home while everyone else rode in the car. :)

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Clyde, once again you are the king of vintage blog photography.

Patrick said...

Go gett'em Clyde... the challenge prize is oh so near!