So, within a minute, Patrick Mahoney challenged me to get in "50 miles" asap to basically get my tail in gear. I accepted here. I agreed to walk, run or cycle 50 miles from Friday morning to Sunday night. No big deal to many of you cyclists out there, but it was a big challenge for me.
Saturday afternoon: 13 miles
Sunday morning: 13 miles with Samson (my boy)
Sunday afternoon: 11.7 miles with Samson (again!)
We got some great video of me riding through the countryside. Maybe I shouldn't have worn my suit?!? Anyway, check it out (at least for the first 90 seconds)!
Many of you joined in also! Here's the list of people that committed to do this challenge with me:
- Kovas agreed to do 40 miles.
- Luke was in for 30 miles.
- Raegun - 25 miles
- Lucas - 15 miles
- Caratunk Girl - 30 miles
- Matty O - Matty does 50 miles all the time, but is lifting this weekend.
- Happy Fun Pants - 15 miles
- Lesley - doing a half-marathon today, but will do 50 miles over the next week.
- TRI714 - joined in for 50 miles
- KJ - 50 miles
- Sarah (Big Mummy) - 15 miles
- and Patrick Mahoney, yes the one who started all of this, committed to 100! Way to throw down the challenge and back it up with a large challenge for yourself!
Please comment and let us know how you all did!
Patrick, thanks for the challenge. Look at that mileage! How much work would we have done without the challenge? This is just another reason why these blogs are so valuable to me.
I am now inspired and am working on a challenge for any or all of us in the month of October. It will be for pounds, mileage, or basically whatever you want,...oh, and beer. I think it would be fun to have a logo or banner and I have an idea for the look, but don't have the graphics skills. So, if any of you want to volunteer to help me with a logo, I would sure appreciate it. Please e-mail me at email@example.com and we can work on it.
Regardless, I'll be doing an October Challenge and details will come soon.
Also, Samson will do a report soon also on his training for El Tour de Tucson. Thanks for continuing to encourage him. He is progressing well.
Keep moving everyone!