Tuesday, September 21, 2010

CuppaJoe, The Working Man

I have taken a few cool pictures of CuppaJoe  (my 9-year-old) recently, who is becoming quite a statesman in his fourth-grade class.  The pictures are fun, so I thought I'd share them here.

First of all, CuppaJoe is quite a handsome guy.  For whatever reason, he began to channel Frank Sinatra when he was about 6 and took to wearing a fedora hat almost everywhere he went.  It has become somewhat of a trademark for him at school, church, etc.   He recently spent some funds from his allowance on purchasing two new fedora-type hats.   He is shrewd with his money and has more in savings than his 11-year-old brother and his 14-year-old sister.

The other night, I went into his bedroom to kiss him goodnight when the Mrs. and I went to bed.  This is what we saw on the ground in his room:
He just decided that he wanted to lay everything out.  Cracked me up. 

Then, he told us about his job interview.  All the students in his classroom had to "apply" for different jobs.  CJ very much wanted to be the mail-carrier or what I used to call "the mailman".  After the resume was written, he was going to be interviewed by a teacher and a parent.  This is what he wore on the day of the interview:
Yes, if you look closely, you can see a necktie.  The kid wasn't messing around.

He learned late last week that he got the job.  He was also recently voted as Class Representative for the 4th Grade in Student Government.  He was the only boy who was nominated, so he got all of the boy votes.  There were two girls nominated, but the girls in the class split their votes between the two girls (and a few girls voted for my boy as well).   The same thing happened last year.   It's hard to beat an incumbent.

After my race on Saturday, he went to the pet store with Mrs.  Clyde and they adopted "Moe" a betta fish.  Good times.
 
I know he'll read this, so CuppaJoe, here is the best description I have ever heard about the challenges of your new job as "The Mailman", from the only mailman I have ever known.

14 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

The job interview outfit looks quite a bit like the old US Postal team kit, if the USPS team wore jumpers and ties.

Matty O said...

hahaha that is awesome. I love kids and their ideas/creativity. So refreshing after being in the adult world!

Tell him congrats on the hire!

Lucas said...

What a character and it sounds like he's well on his way to kicking life's ass! :) He's adorable to boot! LOVE the necktie, great touch. No wonder he got the job.

And watch that beta carefully. They like to leap out of their bowls and you may find him all crispy one morning. Just put a lid on his bowl, that's all I'm sayin'.......

Kovas Palubinskas said...

That's how my 9 year old dresses (the 1st pic), minus the fedora, though he'd probably wear it if we gave him one.

Bubba said...

I heard government jobs have excellent benefits and just think of all the holidays he will have off..LOL

Andrew Opala said...

Lend me your kid for a week, after he's finished with mine, my nieces and nephews he can teach my wife about finances and me about dressing.

Fat Daddy said...

Oh my. I love the clothes laid out! Hilarious. And his floor looked free of color too. How does that work?

And he's already dressing for success. And he is saving. And runs for office.

Wow, Clyde...he's like a Stepford kid. Amazing. I think you should start a blog on how you have this going on. I bet you'd have 1000 followers from parents just trying to get the clean flooor alone.

Katy said...

I love how he didn't just lay out his clothes, he laid them out as if a body was IN the clothes. Socks....a couple feet down from shorts. Hat...tipped as if there was a head inside the hat. Love that! How organized of him

Moving Mertle said...

The clothes are so cool, like it helps that their in anatomical position. Love the fedora too.

Is this a regular fish cuz when I read the line I thought you said "a mo' betta' fish" ?

Congrats on the job to CJ too!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Love it! I love seeing mini-Clydes in action. Fun stuff.

Christine said...

TOO. Freaking. Cute!!!
Congrats on your very first job, Cuppa Joe!
I hope it goes great and that everyone gets their mail on job. Congrats on being class representative too!

Susietri said...

What a cool kid.

big_mummy said...

haha so funny! My kids do that with pyjamas. You walk in and on the bed is the jammies all laid out, over a carebear so just its head is poking out, and slippers at the end lol

spunkysuzi said...

All i have to say is that Cuppa Joe is da bomb!! Congratulations on getting the job. And i love his taste in clothes.