Friday, September 17, 2010

El Tour de Tucson 5K is Tomorrow!

I actually wrote a post about how my over-celebration of my 50-pound weight loss milestone caused me to get lazy and cocky.  I am guessing that I have actually gained some weight since last Saturday.

But I have read some pretty inspiring blogs this morning, so I decided to look on the bright-side and focus on my upcoming race tomorrow.  I'll be doing the El Tour de Tucson 5K Run, which will be my 2nd official 5K race.  The first one was in early June, which I walked with my kids.  This time, I will run the entire race.

I am shooting for a personal record goal of anything under 34 minutes.  On my neighborhood route, my PR is 34: 13, achieved one week ago.  I am probably fatter now by a few pounds, but I ran last night and it felt good.  Maybe this route, the excitement of the crowd and a flat course (compared to my hills) will get me that PR.

Samson and I will be pushing our mileage this weekend as well.  Thanks for your encouragement for him and me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Big Clyde

16 comments:

Thomas said...

In quote (pretty much) every Adam Sandler's movies, YOU CAN DO IT! Seriously, you're doing fine. Keep it up. Keep blogging about your ups and downs because it will keep you honest and focus on your goal, as you're doing. Good luck and have a great race!

Ann (-7 lbs in 60 lb challenge) said...

Enjoy the race, Clyde! A flat course is great, especially if you are used to hills. It will be fun to read what your time is, but just DOING it is success. Enjoy the bike training too. Samson will keep you on your toes!

Madame Cur said...

Have a great time!!!

Lucas said...

Have a great race Clyde. No matter your time, it will be a success. And just one tiny tip/comment, it's usually best to take a rest day the day before a race. If the race is longer (like a 10K or a sprint tri) you should rest two days ahead of time, just so your body is rested and ready to perform. But regardless, I'm sure you will kick its ass! And I love, love, LOVE that you changed from a negative spin to a positive one after reading some inspiring blogs. That's what this community is all about!

Matty O said...

I forgot you were racing this weekend! Its gonna be huge if you beat your PR!

Good luck man, remember pace your self and try to find people to use as benchmarks. Pass them one at a time!

Good Luck!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

You can totally do that... My race time is always faster than my everyday run time... just push, push, push... it'll be over in around 30 minutes and THEN you can breath (and eat). ;-) Can't wait to see the results. Good luck.

bbubblyb said...

I think you'll definitely beat your time. Have fun is the big thing and take pictures *smile*.

L A U R A said...

Good luck!

Phil said...

Good Luck with the run and hope you get a new PR. Let us know what it's like to run in an official event - is there a lot of pushing and shoving at the start or do folks just get on with it and weave around people they want to pass. I am hoping to do my first 5K race in the new year (currently doing the C25K plan) and even now it's a little nerve-wracking!

RockStarTri said...

Have fun!

Patrick said...

May the wind be at your back, go gett'em!

Patrick said...

Run Clyde Run, I have an award for you on my blog...
http://responsibility199.blogspot.com/2010/09/day-154-cherry-on-top-award.html

Just Me said...

I keep seeing your comments on Patrick's blog so I thought I must come over for a visit. Wow, you've lost 50 pounds!!! Good for you. Enjoy the race.

Caratunk Girl said...

SOOO??? How did it go?

Raegun said...

I can't wait for the update - hope you had a great run!!

Kim Ayres said...

Hope it went well!