Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quick Check-In

Thanks to all of you who left comments about Samson's upcoming race.  The race will be the 40-mile route of El Tour de Tucson.  (Yes, Patrick M., it has a strong charitable component to it...the main beneficiary is Tu Nidito, an organization that benefits children whose families have been impacted by serious illness or death).  Samson appreciates it very much and will post from time to time, as to his progress, questions, concerns and successes.  We'll likely do a ride tonight (it's tough when homework and darkness get in the way).

I have eaten well over the last few days and did another non-stop 5K run last night, although slower than I did last week.  I was sick for a few days so I haven't been running and I felt it in the legs.  I'll go out again tomorrow for the virtual 5K .

I can't believe that my weight is in the mid 270's.  I floated between 295 and 288 for about two months, so this feels really different.  I am looking forward to getting down into the 260's.

Keep moving everyone!

Big Clyde

11 comments:

Syl said...

Great work on the run, I can't wait to get back out there and put foot to pavement ;-).

Katy said...

Hey, did you ever do your Tour de Fat? Denver's is this weekend and I know you were looking forward to Tucsons.

Katy said...

oh, never mind...I just saw 10/9 on your side bar. But here's another question...are you dressing up? I'll post pictures of this coming weekend for you :)

Luke said...

Great job on your progress. i hate the floating feeling, when iam trying to get my weight down.

spunkysuzi said...

You are doing great, enjoy your ride tonight!

TJ said...

Great job on getting to the 270's! My Dad has been losing weight- just walks and watching what he eats and he is down 40 pounds. His goal weight was my starting weight! lol

Patrick Mahoney said...

As always, keep it up and I will check out Tu Nidito...

Ann (-8 lbs in 60 lb challenge) said...

I need some of your enthusiasm for exercise, Clyde. It is another wonderful thing you are passing down to Samson.

Andrew Opala said...

Keep it up man! Good luck Samson!

Lucas said...

Homework and darkness got NUTHIN' on your motivated team! Light up those bikes with safety gear and hit the streets! And congrats on the new low!

Patrick said...

Let me tell youm the 260's are great. But there is roomfor more, come on down :-)