Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weigh In - Week 28 New P.R. 5K = 34:13

Weight Change: Lost 0 pounds.

Total Loss since 3/1/10: 50 pounds!

Today, I'm feeling:  Strong...in great form.  Glad to be back on the bike and I feel so much better at my lower weight!  I had 3 pounds loss last week and 7 the week before, so I am fine with zero loss this week.

Highlight of the Week:  My first "training ride" with Samson.  See tomorrow's post from him.  He'll write each Sunday as to his progress, but I could not have been more proud of how well he did.   Biking season has begun!

Food:  Floated around 1,500 daily calories of extremely healthy stuff.  Egg whites, veggies, fruit, little dairy and turkey or ham.  Snacks are fruit, light yogurt, peanut butter and fat-free pudding.

Exercise:
Sunday - Tuesday:  Sick
Wednesday:  5K in 36: 48.
Thursday:  Biked with Samson 6.5 miles
Friday:  Virtual 5K Race (make-up from missed Labor Day Race) in 34: 13!!  P.R.
Weekly bike miles: 6.5 miles
Weekly run miles: 6.2 miles

My Goals for this Week:
• Continue to pursue goal of 250 weight by December 4th.  75 pound loss by my 45th birthday!
• Short-term goal is to be at 272 by 9/18!
• 32 cycling miles with Samson and 9.3 running miles this week.  My most aggressive week ever!
• Maintain about 1,500 - 1,700 daily calories of healthy food.

And now, just for fun, I wanted to share a video that my daughter found, in honor of her first semester of Spanish at high school.  Enjoy.

13 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

You, Samson and your bike are going to be inseparable!!

Lucas said...

Ok, I have NO IDEA how that girl sat there with a straight face during that. THAT was HILARIOUS! And the French farewell at the end just KILLED me. Thanks for sharing that! Got a good laugh out of that.

Looking forward to Samson's posting. I think it's so neat that you are doing this together.

I also love your acceptance of no weight loss and recognize the fact that you are FEELING strong and healthy and that's what really matters. Kudos!

Christina said...

Awesome week! 'Grats on the awesome PR! I look forward to reading Samson's post tomorrow. :) You two seem to have such a great relationship. Training together must be so neat! Can you believe you've lost 50 pounds? That's nuts!

I don't know what to do about M. I keep worrying about possible complications from his accident. Since that blogger guy in Idaho (right?) died, my mind has been playing out worst-case scenarios. I wish he had a better way to contact M!!!!

Epiphany said...

An Amazing week!! I also like the way you set goals!

Syl said...

sounds like you are right on track, WTG!
Have you tried putting your pudding cups in the freezer? This is my favorite treat. Just thought I'd share ;-)

Patrick said...

The zero is nothing to worry about. Your mind sounds into this as much as ever, your scale knows lower numbers are in store for it.

Video, hilarious...

Have a good weekend, Never Forget!

Debbie said...

I have had a week where I did not lose any weight myself. I also have a new bike and I love it. You will reach your goals...

Luke said...

SOunds like a great week. With so much weightloss in weeks prior it is ok to have a 0 week, maybe your weight loss momentum will be passed over here for my week.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Congrats on your PR, Clyde! Glad to hear you are realistic about the zero after 10 lbs in 2 weeks.

Madame Cur said...

You are doing fabulous!

Ann (-8 lbs in 60 lb challenge) said...

I love your attitude, Clyde! And it sounds like your first joint training session went well. I have a biking question for you, and there really isn't a delicate way to ask it, so forgive me. On long rides (i.e., 40 miles), how do you keep your backside from hurting? I wonder how the T.d.France riders handle that. Is there a trick?

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Nice 5K PR!!!

A Former Obese Guy said...

http://8to13point1.blogspot.com/

Keep on riding those pounds away, 50 since March is great. I am doing a mini-blog for the next 8 weeks, hope you can show me some support.