Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Just Rode My Bike 1,000 Miles!

Yes, my bike computer just rolled over to the 1,000 mile mark!  I installed it on my bike in June of 2009 and I actually had ridden several miles before getting the bike computer (and a short ride after the recent Tour de Fat where the bicycle sensor was put on the wrong side, etc, etc.), but the point is...I have a bike computer that just documented 1,000 miles and I think that is pretty amazing for a former couch potato like me!  That is like riding my bike from Tucson, Arizona to Disneyland...and back...and then, doing El Tour de Tucson.

Anyway, it is a big round number so it seemed fun to make note of it, but the next 500 miles will come more quickly.  Some of you heroes out there do this in a 3-month period, so I know that I shouldn't get too complacent! 

By the way, Mrs. Clyde was with me on this big ride and she was having an important ride herself!  She was breaking in her new Trek Lexa and I was on my HUCC-B bike.  To mark the 1,000-mile event, I asked Mrs. Clyde to pull over and kiss me.  Seemed the right thing to do.


As for the OktoberFast Challenge, it is still game on, though I have to get my tail in gear.  I will do it and it should get me in great shape.   Good times.

Also, I rode to a friend's house last night, which added just another 2 miles on the bike (I should've run it!).  Got to to get those miles in whenever I can!

Keep moving, everyone!

Big Clyde

12 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

Cool BC, that's a killer milestone. Well done. What did you get the missus, is that Trek a road bike? Need to do the same for mine, but don't know much about Trek...

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Awesome milestone, I'm nearing it as well. I've had crazy family weekends lately, but I'm still moving forward on the Oktoberfast challenge (Since Oct 1):

Run 53 miles
Bike 64 miles

TRI714 said...

Cheers on the mileage. Thats a huge number from doing nothing. Don't play that down, and keep it going.

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Woo-hoo Congrats! Although I really think Mrs. Clyde should take those training wheels off her bike. And the large hat and peacoat aren't very aerodynamic. ;-)

Lucas said...

Very sweet and congrats! What a milestone!

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

WOW!!! 1,000 miles.

Ann (-17 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

One THOUSAND miles?!! Geez, Clyde, that is amazing! I LOVE that you celebrated the milestone with Mrs. Clyde, lip-locked! Makes me wonder what you'll do for 2,000 ....

:x

xxox

Raegun said...

That is some distance! Congrats and good luck on getting the rest of your miles in.

pinkvision said...

Fabulous! And a lovely way to celebrate ;)

spunkysuzi said...

Congratulations!! Wow that's some miles. Where's the picture of the kiss??

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

That's great Clyde. Congrats!

pippasporch said...

Congratulations, Big Clyde, that is so AWESOME!

I am still riding a stationary bike out of my couch-potato-ness, and I just marked 232km/144miles which, to me, feels like a small miracle - I can't wait for that amazing day I clock 1,000 as well.

What an inspiration!