Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It Ain't Easy Being Green - 2010 version

It's early and I am checking a few news websites and came upon this video (because we Americans have to be entertained while receiving our news).

Some of you might remember the early days of Sesame Street and Kermit the Frog.  I actually remember watching the first episode of Sesame Street, while I was in a steam tent to help me through chronic bronchitis as a kid.  The breakaway hit of the show was when Kermit the Frog sang "It Ain't Easy Being Green".  I didn't like the song...too sad and introspective for this kid.

Well, it appears that Kermit is still working out his issues.  Only now, he is a bit angrier and yes, suffering from multiple personality disorder.  I wish him well and hope that he gets through his current struggles.  Life is hard when you are a muppet on the streets.  You can see his conflict at it's peak at the 2:20 mark. 



(Fyi, the man in the video is not homeless, but made the video to inspire people to think of the people on the streets.  link)

5 comments:

TJ said...

wow...I'd totally give that guy some $$ after that performance. :(

Ann (-15 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Clyde, I'm not messin' with my Kermit memories ... too afraid to watch the video! We have to hold some things dear. :)

Now, if it was Miss Piggy, I'd be okay with it.

Andrew Opala said...

I'm waiting for cookie monster on Jenny Craig

pinkvision said...

heh. Awesome!

Raegun said...

I don't think I'll be able to listen to that song again without thinking of angry-Kermie.